Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Marving exhausts? I like the look of the high mount carbons and the price is a bit cheaper than the sil motors high mounts. They also claim there exhaust is one piece instead of two like the sil motors exahust. Let me know what you think and or heard.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Laura has Marving low-mount CF cans on her M900. They're freakin' loud.

I don't think that they are exceptionally well made. I'd say that they are maybe a step below Sils and two steps below Arrow, Termi, etc... Same, maybe a tad better than D&Ds.

(I only paid $100 for them, slightly used, so it was a cheap way to get rid of the stock ballasts. When we re-paint her bike, we'll probebly get something nicer)

I assume that when they say 1 pc. vs. 2 pc. they mean the S-pipe is incorporated into the can instead of a separate piece? I don't know that there's any benefit to that unless you hate springs. Having a separate S-pipe was actually a benefit for me when I had my pipes ceramic coated as I was able to match the S-pipe to the header.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have the exact marving exhaust you are talking about, HIGH CARBON ROUND. They sound great, but the fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. They also came with RELLY crappy mointing hardware. And yes, they are one piece, which I'm not so sure it either bad or good.

The "color'" of the pipe comming from the can is quite a bit different on each side. The carbon on the left side is yellowing because of the heat, which I heard is normal..?..I'm not so sure.

So..do I like them? Yeah they are ok now that they are on the bike and I finally got them more or less level. Would I replace them if money was no object? Yes, I'd probably buy SIL round Titaniums, as much for the color as anything else. Would I recomend them? If it's a good deal, sure, if you can get something else for just a bit more, go with that.

I can post some pictures if you want to see them on a bike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, i was just looking into them and it sounds like i would rather spend a bit more money and get the sil high mount carbons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts