Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a stock S2R1000, and I am looking for a set of slip on exhausts. I know there has been 1001 topics on this; I have researched till my eyes have bled, and come down to two systems.

Basically I am looking for slip ons, as I don't have the $$$ for a full system (including airbox and electronics). I am also keen on the left/right exhaust system, and to get away from both exhausts being on the one side of the bike (personal preference).

As a result I am down to two systems;
Marving 2-2 (like this http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/DMAS4R/Exhaust/DMAS4R.html
Sil Moto (http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...For=&collection=168|European Motorcycle Parts)

First question; are there any other slip on left/right systems available? I am in Australia, so we get 3/8th of bugger all down here.....
Second question; any one with these systems have any comments, either good or bad?
Third question; anything else I need to consider and haven't included here...

I am leaning towards the Marving, due to our import restrictions and the Australia Paso actually doing good at the moment (if you import over $1k you get hit with import duties). My only concern is that one of the pillion pegs gets moved out a couple of inches, but that is pretty small. On Marving and Duc I can find a guy who did an install video, and thats about it. Sil moto I haven't found too much on either.

Any words of wisdom greatly received. Anyone in Brisbane with these systems PLEASE drop me a line.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No comments out there at all on this?
Build quality with either manufacturer? Issues with different pipe lengths? Anything?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, and thanks for that.
Nope, and that isn't what I am looking for; looking for twin high rise pipes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While I don't have experience with that particular exhaust I'm currently using a SIL moto exhaust on my 620. The sound is wonderful and the build quality was excellent.

Quite happy with them.

Haven't ever seen or heard a set of Marving exhausts in person so I can't comment on them. A few other people I know have SIL exhausts and they're all fairly happy with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mr Weasel, that is the sort of info I am looking for.
Currently leaning towards the sil moto, mainly due to looks, but it is all so very hard to judge on the web....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hey all,

I have a stock S2R1000, and I am looking for a set of slip on exhausts. I know there has been 1001 topics on this; I have researched till my eyes have bled, and come down to two systems.

Basically I am looking for slip ons, as I don't have the $$$ for a full system (including airbox and electronics). I am also keen on the left/right exhaust system, and to get away from both exhausts being on the one side of the bike (personal preference).

As a result I am down to two systems;
Marving 2-2 (like this http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/DMAS4R/Exhaust/DMAS4R.html
Sil Moto (http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...For=&collection=168|European Motorcycle Parts)

First question; are there any other slip on left/right systems available? I am in Australia, so we get 3/8th of bugger all down here.....
Second question; any one with these systems have any comments, either good or bad?
Third question; anything else I need to consider and haven't included here...

I am leaning towards the Marving, due to our import restrictions and the Australia Paso actually doing good at the moment (if you import over $1k you get hit with import duties). My only concern is that one of the pillion pegs gets moved out a couple of inches, but that is pretty small. On Marving and Duc I can find a guy who did an install video, and thats about it. Sil moto I haven't found too much on either.

Any words of wisdom greatly received. Anyone in Brisbane with these systems PLEASE drop me a line.
Cheers
Paul
Hey Paul,
I have the Marving Mid Pipe and their Left/Right Pipes in CF on my 06 S2R1000. I also have installed a Duc O2 Manipulator to eliminate the lean surge that often has been problematic when eliminating that ugly cow udder. The bike runs very well and the sound is awesome.

Best of luck in your decision.
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts