Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a monster 800 and already looking to modify it. First thing I want even before exhaust is a some new wheels.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I suspect it would be a relatively easy swap, but I have not BTDT, so hopefully one of our wheel gurus will pipe up.

The wheel and tire sizes are the same on the 749 and my S4, and the 999 has a 190 rear tire vs. my 180.

I don't notice any lack of "flickability" on my bike. But I can't drag the pegs or other hardware, so...........some others may think different.

·
Registered
426 Posts
749/999 are the first substantially different wheel from ducati in a long time. The front hub is a different width I believe. Your brake rotors either won't fit at all or won't line up in the center of your calipers. Also take off 749/999 wheels are not much lighter then what you have stock if at all. Buy an after market cast magnesium wheel you can't really go wrong with any of the major brands Marvic, Marchesini. If you can afford it the BST Carbon wheels are super light and stronger then any other wheel including the stock ones. Motowheels has a huge selection.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ahem....like I said, the wheels won't be an easy fit. :-[
Sorry I got your hopes up.
Listen to Alex and disregard my previous blathering.

I_can_say with absolute certainty that several of the folks here have switched to magnesium wheels and are very happy with them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are also a lot of axle size differences with early (20/17)and late model Monsters (25/25).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, good to know. just by looking thought they were the same as the ones I saw for around 2700.

travis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts