Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well, the first pair says for "single sided" swingarms. The second set might fit, but you can't buy them. I was actually thinking about them. But if I decide against it, there all yours. I just have to make sure the reds match. And what's the deal cuz there not "magnesium"? Are our stock ones magnesium and these are a step down, or are they just telling people so they don't assume they are? On second thought, take 'em Rube, they'd be TOO much red for me...lol.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magnesium is a lighter and more expensive element "RED"! (too much can cause I stop in the eart's rotation, you don't want them ;D). Stock rims are much heavier. I though they might be a good mod until I cut open more bodies for the carbon fibers'!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
"stock" marchesini wheels are not mag, they are alum.

from motowheels in a previous thread:
the S4 has a 25mm front and 25mm rear axle. S4 wheels will for 02 620ie, most Monsters 03+, and ST models

(oops, sorry butting in your forum again! i read the posts in 'recent post' view, and dont always notice the forum.)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monster Hooligan...

It's an honor to have you in our forum. After all, we are all mutual fans.

RedDuke...

New look, of course. You're my role model ;)

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
One thing though - you're going to need to get new tires. Your tires will not fit those if they came from an S4 or they're the 5.5"

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I knew I would need new tires. It's all good though.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cancel my order on the rims. Auction ended at $810.
Out of my league for used stock.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have any of you checked out the carbon fiber rimmed, wire spoked wheels that DYMAG started making. Every time I see them I just start drooling! I'm kind of glad I dont know the price.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No but I've seen the BST carbon fiber rims. 3 grand easy!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot Ruben, Now the little fantasy world I lived in where I'd buy them for $600 has come crashing down!
I kinda figured around there but I can still dream!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts