Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a set of Marchesini wheels advertized as fitting a '99-'03
900ss, 748, or 916 fit an '03 M800? The model #s are 30-7655 and 30-7601. I can't find anything on a net search.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Something goofy there I think. 916 is a SSS, while 900ss and 748 are regular swingarm. AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
you mean 916 & 748 are SSS and 900SS is DSS.

Also, the axle diameters may be different on the M800 (25mm hollow axle)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
What cdc said. I'm not real up on the SBK's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it does sound fishy.....I checked the parts catalogue for the 900ss and the M800 and the part numbers are different. I would love a pair of Marchesinis but not if they don't fit. Besides, I just got stiffed by a seller on E-bay and lost some money, so I think I'll pass on these.

Thanks to all.

Lee

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Will a set of Marchesini wheels advertized as fitting a '99-'03 900ss, 748, or 916 fit an '03 M800?
Relying upon manufacturers or vendors to be 100% certain of fitment isn't a sure bet. It's best to buy from those who ride know and love the bikes, like Martin (or me - but I don't sell wheels). I can't speak for Martin, but even though I love the brand and ride the bikes, I still make occasional mistake!

The deal is that your m800 has "ST style" frame and swingarm, so you have 25mm rear axle. This makes rear wheel compatable with other ST framed monsters as well as st2 or st4. Front wheel is the same 25mm axle as found on m9000ie, ss-ie, 748/916/996/998 (no R or RS models though!).

:) Chris

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what is the deal with the Marchesinis anyway? The dealer told me they were Magnesium...thats not right is it?

He actually said they are: "Magnesium powder coated flourescent red Brembo Marchesinis" god that is a mouthful. For forever I thought my wheels had magnesium powder on them that made them glow.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
There are Marchesinis that are magnesium....
your stock 5-spokes are aluminum.

there are 5-spokes in cast magnesium (lighter than alum)
and also new 10-spokes in forged alum or magnesium (lighter and stronger than the cast ones)

D

·
0 Posts
There are Marchesinis that are magnesium....
your stock 5-spokes are aluminum.
That is what I thought, so what makes the OE MArchesinis so great?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I think it does sound fishy.....I checked the parts catalogue for the 900ss and the M800 and the part numbers are different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts