Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys for coming up and hanging out......it was nice to see everyone again, and to meet you Mas......I don't know why, I thought it was like 4:00 or sumthin, I didn't hear what time it was.....and when Ryan left and then David and Clint were talking of splitting, I thought it must be time to go home.....oh well.....Thanks Nick for bringing the tee's up......they look even better in person...great job on the tee's! Okay next time I will come south...ciao....retro.
Thanks for the toast! ;D

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was 1pm when I split. Fun ride, but too much traffic for my taste. Today reminded me of why I don't like riding on Sundays.

Went back later in the PM with my car and did the same route. No traffic then, today must be the Superbowl? ;)

Nice to meet you Clint, we'll do a trackday soon.

Later y'all,

-R.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Clint, Kevin, David - So nice to have met you all (FINALLY!).
Ryan, Nick - Always a pleasure to be your company.

What can I say, this was by far the fastest group ride I've been in. I was absolutely humbled by the 5 Monsters howling in the distance. If it weren't for the occasional traffic slow-down, catching up would have been next to impossible. I was trying a bit too hard to keep up - crossed the center a couple times and miss-shifted and skidded a couple times as well... Made me want to go to a riding school or something. Maybe a trackday would help me be a beat faster.

But hey, it was a ton of fun! Let's do it again.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhh, you bastards on those excllent canyons of yours.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Stefan, good to hear you still like our roads! :) You rode just fine I was hammer and tongs on the last run up Little Tujunga, on a road I know fairly well and really feel comfortable on. I didn't pull you much at all. Take care, I'll get you those pics soon.

Had a great ride, guys. Yeah, a bit trafficky, but at least most of them seemed to notice we were trying to get by, and did give a little room. 'Cept that guy on the Harley was a little persistent...but he was cooking pretty good considering the style of his bike.

Gad, the Rock Store was a madhouse, I think that was the first time I've been there on a Sunday. Nice to see some of the vintage/obscure hardware. Good to see Leno didn't get mobbed too bad.

Kevin and Ryan, good as always. David, glad you could make it. Jiro & Clint, thanks for coming out, it was really good to see you again.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I MAY HAVE MY BIKE BACK THIS WEEK, so there will be one more SLOW guy on the rides. WOhhHHAaa..backup is comming dudes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, it was good to meet you, Ryan and Mas.

It was a lot of fun yesterday, especially riding with the celebrity. ;D The Rock Store was a bit too crowded, but it was still fun. Encinal Canyon was a bit too fast for my riding, but Mulholland and Latigo was a lot of fun. Surprisingly, we didn

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ahhh...that's Mister Bacon to you, sonny boy. ;D

Jeez, he's almost 4 years older than I am. That's kinda depressing.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'll let David or Clint tell the story, it'll give 'em an opportunity for a cheap shot at my expense... ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thump thump thump harump..I'm still waiting Nick???????

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sorry, I thought David or Clint would post...

We were saddling up to leave Starbux on Topanga, and some silly lady asked David and Clint 'Is that Kevin Bacon?', meaning me... :-/

They didn't think fast enough to say 'No, that's Brad Pitt..". Pikers.
;D

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Sorry, I thought David or Clint would post...

We were saddling up to leave Starbux on Topanga, and some silly lady asked David and Clint 'Is that Kevin Bacon?', meaning me... :-/

They didn't think fast enough to say 'No, that's Brad Pitt..". Pikers.
;D
That is too funny.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Rats, now my cover is blown...well, it's all for the best. Kyra and the kids were really getting tired of living in a crappy little house in Riverside while I rode with you guys.

;D ;D ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to post....

Too busy working more [email protected] up work hours.... 2pm to 10pm...just enough time to get nothing done in the morning and at night....

You'll be happy to know that I tried on some Alpinestars TrackPants at Pro Itaila today. Holy crap are they heavy! I'm 170 lbs. in street clothes but I'm guessing, what, 250'ish in riding gear...no wonder everyone wants more horsepower.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have the TrackPants. They broke in nicely. It's like with all gear, when you're used to riding in t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers it takes a while to get used to full leathers, gloves, and even the boots.

But with the pants and pucks, now you can drag knee 8)

-R.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts