Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Someone Tell mE how the Maintenance is for a ducati Monster 620? ARound how much is the Maintenance for a year?

G

·
maintenence is based on mileage rather than time.

Major Maintenence Events:

600 mile check/tune up
6000 mile check/tune up (and every 6000 miles thereafter)

Your level of mechanical expertise will determine how much you can do yourself. Ducati certified shop rates tend to be quite a bit higher than your average mc mechanic. All the other costs of ownership will be the same as any other bike: tires, oil, fuel, etc.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
600 mile, 6000 mile, and 18,000 mile service costs about $300 at a reasonably priced dealer. The 12,000 and 24,000 mile services cost closer to $600 because you also need new cam belts (don't skip doing this). Oil changes can be easily done yourself for about $25.00, assuming you buy reasonable quality oil for it. They should be done every 3000 miles, in between the services at the dealer.

Other maintenance expenses I had included rear tires every 3-4000 miles, fronts every 6000 (at the service), and one chain and a pair of sprockets at about 12,000 miles. There was no other unscheduled maintenance on my bike in the 19,600 miles that I rode it (before I wrecked it).

I know I've answered this one at least five times here. It should be in the FAQ.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
That's odd. Belts are $50.

What is more likely is: 600mi: $300
6,000 miles and every 6,000 miles thereafter: $600 for valve adjustment. Then count on adding another $60 or so for every increment of 12,000 miles.

:) Chris

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Free service program ended last Sept.. and it was ONLY on 03 and older..

·
Registered
599 Posts
If Chris is correct about the pricing, I'd say hold off for a few months to see if they bring back the free service voucher promotion. That's close to $900 saved on maintenance. Oh, btw, some of you may remember my fiasco with getting reimbursed for never getting the vouchers on either of my 620's, I got the refund! That was darn near $500 in my pocket, how sweet is that?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
"I got my '03 M800 last October and got the free service"

The program ended officialy in Sept, not sure how your deal worked out but good for you !

just in case this thread gets out of control with "I didn't get my vouchers with my Oct purchase" it did not extend into Oct. As Kev pointed out, free service is out and free financing is in...

G

·
oh man, its expensive as hell compared to my R6. I got a 2003 R6, man, all I have to do is change the oil . Bu tthen again, it just is not like my monster S4 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts