Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what was involved in the maintenance of a 620 monster ? Specifically the fancy desmo valve system. I am an ASE automotive mechanic and was wondering if there were any special tools involved or if I purchased a shop manual if the maintenance would be pretty straight forward ?Is there a need for any type of scan tool to set timing or injectors or stuff like that? I am new to motorcycles and would like to try to cut some of my maintenance cost. BUT, I also know the value of a good mechanic who works on the same system day in and day out.Any input or suggestions would come greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Check with Chris on this board. He has two web sites: One for information and one for sales. He should be able to answer your questions. He is a frequent contributor. ::)

M

·
0 Posts
The maintenance is nothing out of the ordinary. If you picked up a shop manual and you're familiar with bikes, you should be fine.

Chris has a couple of websites - www.ca-cycleworks.com and www.ducatitech.com. Both very good and informative. Also check out www.ducatisuite.com.

Between those two websites and a shop manual you should be able to do just about anything! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. Good to know, considering I broke the bank just getting the bike and would rather spend extra money on some goodies rather than service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts