Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into maybe getting a new Monster 796 but wanted to ask if anyone knows how much the maintenance is for one? Like the oil changes, the major services, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd get the maintinence done at the dealer until your warranty is up, but afterwards do it yourself. I've never had a bike easier to work on than a monster. Oil changes take all of 10 mins or less. It's easier than my truck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
service

Wtih the Monsters being air cooled twin valved engines the service is less than most any water cooled 4 valved engine.

Your first service (the break in at 600) will take about an hour and a half. Oil change (3 liters) at 3750 less than an hour. The valve inspection at 7500 5-6 hours. Another oil change at 11250 and valve adjustment 6-7 hours, plus belts at 15000 miles. Add in the cost of oil belts (about $70 each) and do the math on what your mechanic/dealer service charges an hour.

Depending on which other manufacturers you're comparing to it can be more or less $$ to get you to 30K. And of course you'll be the one with a Ducati. ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st service $170
2nd service $565 out the door, also not sure how common it is but they washed the bike top to bottom, it was looking good when I picked it up. This was in South Florida.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my 600 mile done last week on my newly acquired 09 1100s. $156 OTD. South central Mn.

Mechanic (certified Ducati) spent over 2-1/2 hours on it as the original setup (done by another dealer) had some issues. They only charged me for 1 hour of labor ($80).

They said the 7,500 mile service would be about $600 without belts; about $775 with. It was nice to find out that they won't charge me for any needed shims. They just take exchange yours for the correct one from their stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts