Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2006 S2R Dark with 6K on the clock. I have paid about $1,000 in maintenance and other upkeep expenses. What do the future maintenance schedules look like from a financial standpoint? and what has to be replaced in the future? how much have you paid to keep your bike up and running?

All info is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Lots & lots....

My Credo: Do not keep track of any expenses to do with hobbies (boating, fishing, riding etc)

It will kill the enjoyment and require justifying why they are done.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Shooter said:
Lots & lots....

My Credo: Do not keep track of any expenses to do with hobbies (boating, fishing, riding etc)

It will kill the enjoyment and require justifying why they are done.
+ 1

Huge +1

[laugh]

·
Registered
541 Posts
by your 12k you'll be doing it yourself anyway >:D

no idea total..i would add it up but I don't want to.

6k was 500

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
a little bit OT, but would any of you remember/have the thread that compared the maint. cost of the Monster compared to the SV650?

I believe prices came pretty close at the end of the day.

Maybe it'll help the OP on some level, so I guess not COMPLETELY OT :p

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
March 2006 S4Rs..

1000km Service 165 EUR
10000km Service 304 EUR (need to double check invoice)
2 x Dunlop GP208RR - 280 EUR x 2 = 560EUR
R&G Racing Sliders (frame, fork, bar end) x 2 - 350EUR
Rear Fender (i consider it essential for winter riding) 165EUR
1 x Tune up for track day - 35EUR
1 x Box Castrol Bike Cleaner - 60EUR
2 x Castrol Chain Wax - 40EUR

Cost so far, and I´m probably forgetting stuff is 1679EURO.

The big 20.000km service is coming up soon is and that´s gonna cost a kidney! I´m expecting a 600EUR bill.

I´ve actually ended up doing a lot less miles than I was expecting as I think doing big miles on the Rs is gonna kill my bank account.

Hope this helps.

NuTTs

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
NuTTS, don't forget the miles it slides on it's side don't show on the odometer but still count for maintenance.

sorry.

How's the ankle?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
when I get mine I might have the dealer do the first service, maybe the second but chances are I will do it myself, I am a competant mechanic but dont want to void any warrantees

·
Registered
175 Posts
sconly said:
when I get mine I might have the dealer do the first service, maybe the second but chances are I will do it myself, I am a competant mechanic but dont want to void any warrantees
warranty??? what is that?! heh.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Statler said:
NuTTS, don't forget the miles it slides on it's side don't show on the odometer but still count for maintenance.

sorry.

How's the ankle?
Ho ho ho.. well ok then, add another 50metres to the mileage count then! [laugh]

The ankle is still swolen, I twisted it again today.. we were doing some reforestation work with the WWF and whilst digging away with my hoe ( ha! ) I slipped on some stones/pebbles and voila. The ankle, she is swollen again.

Thx for asking.

Sorry for the threadjack. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts