Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, here are some tips to get your engine service done quickly and accurately with minimal disassembly and a couple homemade tools.

First, the tools:

1: the valve depressor spoon
Made from a 5mm hex key, this tool wraps under the closer (lower) cam to depress is without slippage risk. Just get yourself a torch and hammer and bash it flat, then bend as shown and fiddle with the radius and angles until it fits.
Cable Jewellery Font Wire Newspaper

Office supplies Tool Metalworking hand tool Font Art
Wood Font Toy airplane Automotive exterior Vehicle
Tape measure Font Rectangle Material property Wood
Tape measure Office ruler Ruler Yellow Font
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper

Just wiggle it under, apply force down, and watch the cam go down. The opener cam should be moved to the side, I'm just demonstrating on a spare parts head that is broken.

Attach a neodymium magnet or one of those magnets on the end of a telescoping pole to the top lip of the closer shim. When you push it down, the retaining rings automatically come off, no loss risk.

More to come.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

They look pretty fresh too.

Next post is synching throttle bodies on the bike without disconnecting anything. 30 minute job.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firstly, the required tools.
1: manometer. I made my own and actually prefer it over store bought as it is theoretically 2x as precise. Very simple design as you can see.
Musical instrument String instrument Automotive tire Wood Gas

2nd tool: a piece of metal this size
I used this little crappy wrench thing, but a hacksaw blade of the right thickness cut down about 1.75" long would work. Critical dimension is the thickness (1mm±0.02mm)
Tire Automotive tire Tape measure Tread Sleeve

Last tool is a heat shield:
Automotive tire Sleeve Wood Nail Asphalt

This is just a piece of leather with some fiberglass aluminized firewall shielding adhered to the back. The shielding can be purchased as oreilleys.

The procedure will be outlined in a video that is currently in progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts