Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My s4r was a demo with 540 miles on it. It had its first service prior to my taking delivery. At 620 miles my maint. prompt came on my left led screen. Does anyone know how to clear this so that I don't have to go back to the dealer for something so trivial.

H

·
0 Posts
Press and hold the left function button, THEN turn on the key. That should do it. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Exactly how many miles is the maintenance indicator set to? The reason I ask is, my "Maint" indicator came on at around 8500 miles - approximately 1500 miles after I had my 6000 mile service done at the dealer. I'm thinking I should just leave it alone until I hit 12,000 miles and have the next service done? Otherwise, the indicator will be totally out of sync, right?

FYI, I bought it used and I do not know exactly when the 600 mile service was done or by whom.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i would guess the light was reset at 1,500 miles. the oil change might have been done before, who knows? anyway, i wouldn't loose sleep over it. the light can't be reset 'till it comes on. yes, it will be out of sync. personally, i would re-set it rather than look at for so long. it's all a matter of what you want to live with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts