Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... I have 660 miles on the ticker and it still says "Maint" when I start it up...

I already changed the oil, and adjusted the chain... what more does my monster want!?!? ;D

How does one get rid of the "maint" display during startup?

G

·
Technically, the "MAint" should go away after 5 seconds once you turn the ignition on. Are you just impatient or does it stay on for longer on your bike?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Even if it goes off after 5 seconds, that to me is annoying. I've found that the "MAINT" warning seems to come on after the recommended service internals by 50-100 miles. I just reset it myself once it comes on exactly like Herb said.

G

·
So you're saying if you do your own mainanence, you need to follow Herb's method only ONCE and the stupid "MAINT" goes away untill hte next scheduled service?? Is that true?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I don't even do my own maintenance and the service ligh comes on AFTER I get the bike back from the shop every time. I just reset it and it doesn't come back for 6000 more miles...

G

·
That's cool. I guess I'll just have to reset it after each maintanence, regardless of who is doing it........ No biggy.
Thanks Bloodshot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts