Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I have 660 miles on the ticker and it still says "Maint" when I start it up...

I already changed the oil, and adjusted the chain... what more does my monster want!?!? ;D

How does one get rid of the "maint" display during startup?

V

·
0 Posts
Technically, the "MAint" should go away after 5 seconds once you turn the ignition on. Are you just impatient or does it stay on for longer on your bike?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Even if it goes off after 5 seconds, that to me is annoying. I've found that the "MAINT" warning seems to come on after the recommended service internals by 50-100 miles. I just reset it myself once it comes on exactly like Herb said.

V

·
0 Posts
So you're saying if you do your own mainanence, you need to follow Herb's method only ONCE and the stupid "MAINT" goes away untill hte next scheduled service?? Is that true?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I don't even do my own maintenance and the service ligh comes on AFTER I get the bike back from the shop every time. I just reset it and it doesn't come back for 6000 more miles...

V

·
0 Posts
That's cool. I guess I'll just have to reset it after each maintanence, regardless of who is doing it........ No biggy.
Thanks Bloodshot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts