Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

Newbie question. And no, I haven't looked it up in my manual yet... I'm going the lazy route and hoping one of you people have the answer! I got my 620 serviced for its first 600-mile last weekend, and ever since then when I turn it on it says "MAINT" . I'm assuming this is something that the guys at the shop were supposed to turn off. Is there a way I can do it myself or do I have to ride another hour down to see them again?

Thanks for help/advice,
JustLiza

·
Registered
447 Posts
MarkIV posted a message on how to do it. With your key in the OFF position, hold the trip meter button down, and turn the bike on. That should clear it up! I rode around for weeks trying to figure that out and it ain't in the manual. Now, I'll tell my mechanic how to do it. Scary, ain't it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Same thing happened when I got mine back after the 600 mi. check, makes me a little nervous that the mech. either forgot to reset it (what else did he forget?) or does not know how. I guess I would rather him forget to reset the light than something really important.
BUZ.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Could have been a couple of things, listed in increasing level of disturbance:

A) The service is actually 1000 kilometers, which is 621 miles. If you took it in before that, the "maint" won't be displayed, and I don't think you can turn it off prior to that.

B) The mechanic forgot to do it. Not a barn burner, but not real impressive.

C) The mechanic doesn't know how to do it. Definitely unimpressive.

D) The shop did absolutely nothing with your bike, but charged you anyway. Just kidding ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh yeah, it's that last one I'm scared of. The bike was actually around 740 when I took it in, so likely they just forgot or at the worst, didn't know how. *I* know how now though, so yay! Thanks for your help everyone!

Z

·
0 Posts
Hey Buz where did you take your's for the 600 mile service. I took mine to Battley in Gaithersburg last week and from what i've heard they are pretty good but they forgot to reset mine too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sent mine to Coleman out in Potomic Mills (bought there). They seem to have a good Duc guy but they all just seem a little shady. Not real personal just kind of get you and get you out and like NO Duc accessories. Been out to your place once, H-D and Ducati (interesting). Been thinking about trying that place.
BUZ.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm going to Battley this weekend for some service. I bought my 750 @ Coleman as well. It sux! I've only heard good things about Battley. I'm looking forward to it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Well to be honest the only bad thing I can say about Battley was that they didn't rest my maint reminder. The service department couldn't be more friendly, they rememebred me from when I bought the bike, and the salesman who sold it to me came up to ask how everything was going when he saw me bring it in. I actually live about 3 miles from Speeds cycle but I ended up buying over at Battley because when i was looking to make my purchace Speeds had that hurry up and buy this thing so i can get back to watching TV attitude so i figure Battley is worth the ride.

O

·
0 Posts
Regarding Speeds Cycle--they do seem kind of gruff at times (the guy at the parts counter is nice), but they do appear to know their stuff. An old friend from my dirt bike days goes there and, since he is a master mechanic himself, they must really know their stuff since he doesn't take crap from anybody.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the bike in for its first service a couple of miles before the sevice message would show up. I thought I would have to take back for them to clear out. But, you guys solved that problem. Thanks for the info!

R

·
0 Posts
I bought mine at Battley and they seemed to be on top of things. Not a problem with the bike. I'd go there for service but it's 3 hours away. I will be going to Mikmar though for all my service.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
old thread of the day. I picked it because i forgot how to get it to go away. It's been a good friend for the last 14 thousand miles but now is it's time to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts