Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm very short on time. I have just finished prepping my 1999 M750 for its first race meeting tomorrow. Went to jump on and go for a test ride (first ever). Switched it on and "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT" was all I heard. It turned out to be the yellow relay under the seat- bit of corrosion inside.

My question is- is this relay a standard item that I could whip out and buy, or is it a highly expensive Ducati only item? I DID get it working, and went for a quick blat.... I am gonna LOVE racing this wee bike! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
any of these should work:

Radio shack 900-2391
Seimans V203073
Bosch 0 332 207 307
Napa AR 634
Car Quest RY 620
Borg Warner R3223
Orman 68H-UA-0070003
Mopar 56006846

If you want to race tomorrow run a jumper wire between terminal 87 and terminal 30. This bypasses the relay.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
hey guys, the yellow relay under the seat is the ignition relay, not the safety stand relay (the replacements you've got there howie)

as far as I know, I haven't figured out another relay that you can get elsewhere for that one... but I haven't gone out and looked extensively...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
hiero said:
hey guys, the yellow relay under the seat is the ignition relay, not the safety stand relay (the replacements you've got there howie)

as far as I know, I haven't figured out another relay that you can get elsewhere for that one... but I haven't gone out and looked extensively...
Oops, combo of bad notes, bad memory. It is a standard 5 prong except for the size. My bypass instructions will work, though.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys,
I'll be having a look for that bypass thread. Had my first race day yesterday. It was very much a case of learning how to ride the thing, its got a bad low rpm stutter which didn't help. That clears up a bit after about 2 laps- I'm picking its running lean at low revs, will be looking into that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts