Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride to Boonah today. I was going to head towards Killarney via Queen Mary Falls but at the turn off the pesky "low fuel" light came on (after only 150Km). I spoke to a couple of guys parked at the road junction and they didn't recommend the road, saying if was too rough and littered with gravel. This was enough to convince the wife that we should head back home again (sigh).

Anyone have any thoughts on the road?

Also, is anyone else bottoming out on their cat (S2R) when riding two up (or am I just too muscular)?

thanks and Happy New Year.

G

·
sorry, can't help you with the road you are talking about, but 150kms with the low fuel light.. That's not much...

I am a big fella on a M800 with a 14T sprocket who likes to be a little heavy handed on the throttle from time to time, and even I get better fuel economy than that.... or did you mention that you were two up when that happened?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, two up. That also means I don't get to go very hard either. It's a little unnerving actually as I get over 1200Km in my car - although there is no way I could sit on a bike for that long anyway.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Kill the cat.

I have an s2r800 with a Staintune header and Remus 2-into-1 Ti can. My economy improved when I put it on. I generally get 190-200 km till the light comes on - my record is 222km riding strictly on the speed limit.

It might still bottom out two up on a speed hump - but that would be all. Although I'm not built like a rugby prop - more like fly-half with an eating disorder.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey hey hey know it well, i ride up from killarney to queen mary falls every other week or
so, great road, fast ped scraping corners, great cafe and an even better coffee shop at the top.

but that is the Killarney to Queen Mary Falls/spring creek cafe.

The ride from boonah to Queen Mary falls is not a good, the road is a very narrow, single lane bitumen goat track.

I have ridden it 1/2 a dozen times or so. It is steep, windy and very twisty, also has some fantastic views - all good so far. Has a lot of overhanging trees that leave a lot of crap on the road and a lot of dickheads in cars that want all the road. never really noticed much gravel, probably too busy avoiding the potholes.

If you are prepared to sit up and enjoy the ride, occasionally even very slowly etc you will love it. Some of the scenery is just magnificent. If you want to blast up there just forget it. I'd love to have a full on crack at the road but only if i knew no-one was coming the other way .

Spring creek cafe at the top is great also with great coffee/meals desert/accomodation.

http://www.springcreekcottages.com.au/index.html

would highly recomend it and also the accomdation and view.

give me a yell if you are coming up, i'll meet you at the top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.