Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAD is going out on Saturday as opposed to sunday thsi weekend. Meet up is 9:30am at the Germantown Starbucks. I'm planning to hit that up, sounds like Zoom is too.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
688 Posts
There is normally a fast and slow group. The pace in the slow group is normally slow enough for newbs, so it should be a good ride for anyone considering their first group ride.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dammit. Got Saturday morning plans already.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
yuu said:
I plan on taking it fairly easy on this one since I'm still getting a feel for the 900.
I plan on rolling with the slow group also because I just am feeling weird on my street bike after the 2 hard days on the track bike at VIR still weighing in on my mindset....almost like I need to refamiliarize myself or something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
damn.. all these early weekend rides and "maybe" responses. I think I shoudl start making 6am wake up calls to all of you. Hell, I gotta be awake. At least you could be up and riding...

[cheeky]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if Gen opts to go - I'd guess she's coming from DC. I'm coming out of arlington...

A while ago a small band of us meet up at a pull off on the GW parkway - just a thought.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Culture et al,

If I get my bike back today - I'm in.

Background- My bike's at Coleman's FC having it's 6K service and instrument cluster replaced. You all may remember that after I got a speeding ticket coming home from one of our weekly meet-ups I had Fast Lanes Cycle do a dyno test that proved my speedo was off by 19 mph (40 indicated = 69 mph actual).

Anyway, the instrument cluster has been on order since I dropped off my bike 2 weeks ago. But, I've asked Coleman's to go ahead and do the 6K instead of continuing to wait for the cluster to come in and doing both at the same time.

Bottom-line, if it's done by the end of the day, I'd like to hook up w/ you and others (e.g., Gen) somewhere in DC for the trip to Gathersburg and the MAD ride.

I didn't want to start a separate thread proposing a location and time for DC-riders to meet up since I'm not sure I'll have a ride yet.

//Tony

·
Registered
222 Posts
yuu said:
A while ago a small band of us meet up at a pull off on the GW parkway - just a thought.
Yuu,

I didn't see your post until after I posted my last msg. If I get my ride back, a GW Pkwy pull-off would work well for me.

Good question from RogueMnstr. I've never been on a MAD ride, but my assumption is you don't need to be a member. True?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3rd time.. nope. They don't require on to be a memeber. But membership's pretty inexpensive, so it's worth signing up.

Tony, if you want to meet up. Drop me a PM and we'll trade digits, and details.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts