Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've still got a long way to go with this one, but I snapped some pics. Here it is in all it's (washed out pic) glory!

Before recent update:

After a few touch-ups:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
the CHROMO is the model I saw that made me want a monster. They are HOT HOT HOT

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
to each his own... I gotta go with flat black, or red (to match my alfa)...147 days 'till I buy my monster :-D.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
the chromos are so hot. I wonder how much it would cost to get a tank chromed?
I go my stock '96 M900 red tank chromed last year. It cost me about $250.00 at

Metro Plating
227 East 10th Drive
Mesa, AZ 85210
(480)833-8453

Looks great. There are a couple of small seam marks on the weld line, But a well placed tank pad fixed that. I also went with poly-chrome Ducati stick ($6.00 on eBay) to replace the original side lettering.

Take a look:
http://www.turbomonster.com/Originals/100603Tank.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I Have seen helmets that are a dark chrome. Chrome yet black. I know a few people here have them. That would be cool on a tank and seat cover. That I would do.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
aren't they hot in the sun?
no, but my girlfriend got blinded one day riding home on it during rush-hour. Basically, she didn't have sun-glasses on, so every time she looked up the sun blinded her, but every time she looked down (to have her helmet block the sun) the tank blinded her. Doh!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
My 01 Cromo's chrome is decent but not American Show Chrom quality. I have a few dents and plan on getting it fixed and rechromed. A nice chrome job should cost about $500 - not super spendy for a Duc mod.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17

This is not the best picture. I have a few of riders from track days. I will have to track on down.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
If I remember correctly, there was an Aussie Monster that had the anodized black chrome tank. I'll see if I can locate the pic...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts