Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2103 796, with Termis and race ECU, with high flow filter. I have modified the exhaust slightly, including relocating both cans inward, and up and under the tail a little more, I've removed the exhaust flapper valve and plugged in a DucEE. No issues with any of the installation. Tidy and works well.
My question is, is a single exhaust can enough for this engine, or do I need the dual slip-ons? I have seen mods using only one can on this model bike and other bigger engine Ducatis including the Streetfighter.
I'd like to ditch one of the slip-ons, mod the pipe and have the exhaust flow through one slip-on. In addition, if this does turn out functional, would it require Db killer removal, or would it be able to stay installed.
Thanks folks

·
Registered
63 Posts
How important are the length of exhaust pipes if doing 2-1 ? Must they be the same lenght or can one be longer?
Pro et cons?

Tnx,
Yagi

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's better if the header tubes are the same length, but not necessary.

Thank you Tim_Shady for your reply.
I am asking, because I saw bought way of mounting 2-1 exhaust, and don't know if there could anything go wrong if one tube is shorter as other? About power, compression, torgue, piston damaging?!

Regards,
Yagi

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is interesting - pls keep it going. Yagi what maker is the pre-made 2-1 exhaust?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Yagi,

I've seen the SC project system in question and I think that's not street legal, it's a full titanium system without homologation. Idk why would u wanna upgrade from the Termig, but I think GPR has single exit and you can always do boomtubes. What I've been considering is actually a Zard system for the Scrambler, idk if it would fit my 796, haven't got around to find out, maybe we can research on this tgt.

-JT

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Yagi,

I've seen the SC project system in question and I think that's not street legal, it's a full titanium system without homologation. Idk why would u wanna upgrade from the Termig, but I think GPR has single exit and you can always do boomtubes. What I've been considering is actually a Zard system for the Scrambler, idk if it would fit my 796, haven't got around to find out, maybe we can research on this tgt.

-JT
Hi Jerome,

The SC Project i linked its street legal by EU regulations. In my case I am just looking for tube manifolds (i will use something else for slip on (already have it at home), but will definitely be 2-1 (because of looks))! Now I am waiting for heatwrap to continue the project!

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts