Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals!!!

DEEEEP Breath!!!! Well, as much as it pains me to say this... My baby was dropped, by my brother, over the Turkey Day weekend... :'( It was a very slow, low-side crash, however I have sustained some damage that needs to be fixed... I'm looking to replace my current frame slider (T-Rex), would love to replace just the right side if possible... Also need a new rear brake lever... Any suggestions on where I purchase these??? And Brand recommendations???

OK, here comes the good news... My lil brother fealt sooooo BAD about freakin' wiping out my ride that he ponied up and bought me a new Quat-D Ceramic Coated exhaust (Thanks MotoWheels!!!)... ;D He must feel REALLY bad about this... Anyway, now that I won't have my exhaust to protect my sides, I was hoping to see if anyone knew of some "crash bobbins" made for both the front forks and also the rear swing arm... I have seen them for many of the rice burners but nothing for the Ducs.... Can anyone help???

One last question.... Thinking about replacing my stock air filter with K&N pods (CA Cycleworks) and was wondering if this is a good mod??? It would be easier to cut the airbox but I thought it would be "cooler" to CUT the box off and put in a couple of pods... I've already installed some of TPO's aftermarket kits so I really don't have any tubes to worry about....

A BIG thanks in advanced to all of those who provide me with some good knowledge.... BTW I've really enjoyed reading the postings from fellow members, you guys/gals are a plethera of information and never cease to amaze me....

Hasta la taco,

JP [thumbsup]

A

·
0 Posts
What a comeback! Nice buddy you have man. Just get another pair of frame sliders and keep riding! They're cheap money but you just saved a ton of dough!

Keep burning rubbers and leave them behind.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Pods are not too bad to do. I am assuming that your 750 is pre-02' and thus is carbed. You will need to make a new battery tray as the stocker is part of the airbox.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can just cut the airbox portion off with a hack saw and use your stock box. A new box would look better but to get you back on the road ASAP it works just fine. Just make sure your only cutting the air box off and not any mounts for your coils.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: M750 has Wiped Out!!!

Thanks!!!

A HUGE kudo's to all of you who have posted...

Does anyone know where I may be able to get a rear brake pedal??? Nothing on eBay or here on DML....

Should I go aftermarket or just go stock...

Also, are there any of the frame sliders better than the next??? I've read some of the other postings however I'd really like to buy a pair for the front forks and the body as well.... Anyone know of a manufacturer???

If all goes well with getting this MONSTER going again... I'm REEEEALLY hoping to let my girlie have this beauty and HOPEFULLY I'll get my hands on a 1098.... Probably wishful thinking but WOW what a bike... What a machine!!!!

Thanks again,

JP

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow, I though this post would be telling us a sad story....you had sliders AND got an exhaust out of it...kick a$$!

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Check with Matt over here.
We might have an OEM rear brake pedal in stock.

We have Rhinomoto fork and swingarm sliders in stock. If your bike has a small 17mm axle, you will have to get a long drill bit to get the manufacturing burr out of the middle of the axle so the rod holding the two sliders can slide through.

Check out the Speedymoto frame sliders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts