Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 5 days, including the weekend, to get all the paperworks sorted out, my Monster is finally in my garage!!! [thumbsup] There's just so much emotion going through my head right now. It's an '01 M750 with around 7k in mileage. Comes with 2 year warranty. It's just beautiful inside and out. I have yet to find a scratch and the delivery/sales guy told me the previous owner really babied it. He hardly sees anything as immaculate as this one as an used car. I'll be riding around my tiny cul-de-sac starting tomorrow. Can't wait until my MSF class completes so I can take it to the parking lot right across the street [laugh]

Share my joy guys and gals! Live vicariously through me for a few mins :p And of course, some pics.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
blinded by refledtors :eek:

Sweet bike [thumbsup]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congratulations on your (New to you) M750 ! !
The feeling you have from getting this bike will soon go away...
(until you go back out to the garage to sneak a peek [cheeky] )

ride safe !!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
donuts? :'(

these so called 'pics' of your 'bike' remain unsubstantiated w/any donuts [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice! [thumbsup] I'm hungry :mad:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Yeah, bring on the donuts. She's a beaut, Vicynax! But lose those reflectors...
I bet those termis sound nice!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats man! You have really cool frame sliders and pipes (same as mine!) Mine too is a 2001 750, but I have silver frame and wheels. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dumb question, above your rear wheel, what is that black hoop with a silver thing on it???

·
Registered
211 Posts
buymeabmw said:
Dumb question, above your rear wheel, what is that black hoop with a silver thing on it???
It connects the frame to the swingarm. Mine has one too, but I have noticed some newer models don't have it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
buymeabmw said:
that's the older (pre-2002, or non-s4) style swing arm linkage. the newer ones all have the rod (adjustable or not, depending on the model).

·
Registered
423 Posts
buymeabmw said:
Don't know the proper names of the bits otherwise I'd break out in a 'foot bone connects to the ankle bone' song (sorry I have toddlers).

The hoop is what connects the double sided swing arms to the shock/rear suspension. The silver bit is part of a lever that pivots with the swing arm against the shock itself. No dumb questions - just dumb answers - and this may be one.
-c

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
teddy037 said:
donuts? :'(

these so called 'pics' of your 'bike' remain unsubstantiated w/any donuts [cheeky]
I can do some donuts once I get my 350z back from the shop. I'll take some pictures and post them on here >:D Is that the type of donuts you guys all want? ;) And why donuts anyways? I'm trying to decrease the profile of my tire around my waist :-X

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
smitch said:
Congrats man! You have really cool frame sliders and pipes (same as mine!) Mine too is a 2001 750, but I have silver frame and wheels. Anyone know anything about this?
I believe there's silver frames, black frames, and gold frames for the M750.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IZ said:
OMG..so many things need to be done this weekend to make it ride-ready!! [cheeky]
Only thing that needs to be done to make it ride-ready is the rider ??? I am afraid to start the engine because those Termis are loud... I thought my aftermarket exhausts were loud on my car, man, this thing is a monster (no puns intended).

I live in a small circular cul-de-sac, and the exhaust boomerangs back like crazy. I'll be riding my bike to work around 4am in the morning, and I'm honestly afraid that my poor old neighbors are gonna gang up and cut me into 10000 pieces.

One thing that also stops me from riding is that when I wear tennis, my feet slides in and out for gear shifting easily. If I wear my Dainese boots, I almost need to turn my foot perpendicular to the bike to shift up since the boot is thicker. I'm afraid I'll be fiddling with it on the road, get my foot caught between shifting up and down and tip over. Anyone has this problem? Do you even need to have your foot under the shift, or is it just like having your toe under the shift is fine?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Vicynax said:
Only thing that needs to be done to make it ride-ready is the rider ??? I am afraid to start the engine because those Termis are loud... I thought my aftermarket exhausts were loud on my car, man, this thing is a monster (no puns intended).

I live in a small circular cul-de-sac, and the exhaust boomerangs back like crazy. I'll be riding my bike to work around 4am in the morning, and I'm honestly afraid that my poor old neighbors are gonna gang up and cut me into 10000 pieces.

One thing that also stops me from riding is that when I wear tennis, my feet slides in and out for gear shifting easily. If I wear my Dainese boots, I almost need to turn my foot perpendicular to the bike to shift up since the boot is thicker. I'm afraid I'll be fiddling with it on the road, get my foot caught between shifting up and down and tip over. Anyone has this problem? Do you even need to have your foot under the shift, or is it just like having your toe under the shift is fine?
have you looked into silencers for your termis? you might be able to get them from someone here who'll never use them.

if you have that much trouble getting your foot under your shifter, adjust it up a little... i think the only tool you need is a 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great looking bike..........I bet you are not sleeping much thinking about that new bike.
Congratualtions!!!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Vicynax said:
You have a cool ride, a great bike. Congrats.

As far as the shifter you should try some low profile SIDI boots. They work well for the 620, 695 and 750 set-ups.
Never, ever ride with tennis shoes. One small thing can become a big problem without boots.

I personally would like to change my shifter set up to the one on the 800 and S2r they are low profile and not at such a drastic angle. The sales guys did not know if it could be done.

I also installed the captain's seat which changed my foot angle for the better.

Again, Congats,
Ride Safe 8) [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
truerider said:
As far as the shifter you should try some low profile SIDI boots. They work well for the 620, 695 and 750 set-ups.
Never, ever ride with tennis shoes. One small thing can become a big problem without boots.

I personally would like to change my shifter set up to the one on the 800 and S2r they are low profile and not at such a drastic angle. The sales guys did not know if it could be done.[thumbsup]
Thanks everyone for the compliments and help. Yeah, I didn't ride with tennis shoes. When I went on with my Dainese boots, it just seem so hard to get it in there, so I swapped to tennis for like 1 min just to see the difference. I was just sitting on the bike with sidestands up haha [laugh]

I will check out those SIDI shoes and see how they feel. I remember these B.B.B. D-Dry boots were pretty low profile already when I tried bunch on. We'll see. Gonna drive to a shop and check them out. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts