Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a caurberated M750. the problem is with the wiring involving the dash lights; specifically the dash light itself, the turn signal indicaters, and headlight indicater, as well as the tail light (not the brake light), and the turn signals. the fuse blows immediatly four or five times then wont for two days. she has been to the dealer twice and they want more money to check it out further. f**k that!

erik

ok. new issue. i was checking my fuse box and in the promblem spot, tail light turn signals dash light, there is a 10 fuse and not a 7.5. is the dealership messing with me or is this the correct fuse for that spot?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
eric ,
i have a similar problem with my 900 monster dash lights wont come on all the time somes takes ten mins or more then they will work ok for a day or two, i spoke to a ducatic dealer and he said they have had problems with the wire loom around the head stem where all the wires bend around the frame and some times a wire make break inside the harness and work on or off all the time or is grounding out hence your fuse blowing !!! i know time consuming to find out but trial and error mate sorry not a solution !! [thumbsup] 8)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
As stated, it could be a short in the wirings.
I had a brand new battery w a short in one cell. Behaved much like yours,
funny lights, dim lights, fuses blown etc.
Check that battery reads 12V and not 9-10V. Just to eliminate one possibility and
to know battery is OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts