Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tank has a dent in it and am looking at a new one. how do i tell of the tank is in good condition?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
if you can't see the tank in person, you'll just have to go with pictures, and descriptions. look for dents, and any specks of internatl rust. also, as whoever you buy it from if it's got the internals, as i hear that transferring those is a bitch. '00 750 is still a carby, right? make sure you get a carbuerated tank, as they differ from the injected tanks.

if you can see the tank in person, do all of the above, but bring a magnet and run it along the surface of the tank. if it's been repaired and bondo'd, there'll be places where the magnet won't stick.

might be cheaper just to get your's repaired. there's folks on the board who can fix 'er up right and proper for you.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
get it repaired, should cost you anywhere from 3-600 depending on how bad and what you want done

carbed tanks don't require that you ask for any internals, as there really aren't any. rust and tank hinge are your biggest concerns

1 - 3 of 3 Posts