Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed the Termi carbon fiber exhaust on my 2010 M696. I noticed though the exhaust wobbles a little bit, like you can shake it a little from side to side. All the bolts are tight though, is this just the nature of the slip on exhaust?

Also a side note, the new heat shields that came with the exhaust kit didn't include bolts for mounting. It uses the same kind of exhaust shields as the 2009 so I am thinking it would have reused those bolts, but they changed the stock exhaust shield system for 2010 and it doesn't use the same bolts anymore. I wonder why a kit for a 2010 wouldn't then include the right bolts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My left Termi has the same problem, you can move it side to side with your hand, but the right side is solid.Must just be one of those things i guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking it has to do with the slip on portion connecting the muffler to the short pipe where the heat shield bracket is. I find those very loose and easy to slip on and off. While the slip on portion connecting the stock Y pipe to the short pipe with the heat shield bracket very tight. Can feel a small leak there too I think but unless I use some exhaust sealant I don't think there is anything that can be done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My left can is a little bit loose and has a very tiny air leak, but the right side is like a rock, I'm kind of glad to see this post so I know its not just me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I remember being able to move the left side stock can from side to side aswell..!
With the heat sheilds I used a couple of bolts from the original larger MY10 sheilds on the smaller MY09 sheilds used with the Termi's, if that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking it may have something to do with how far the short pipe in the middle is pushed into the Y-pipe. If its in to far then the slip joint at the short pipe and the muffler comes out some in order to mount the muffler to the bikes mounts. But if you pull the short pipe out a little from the Y-Pipe it might make for a tighter seal at the short pipe to muffler pipe causing it not to wobble or leak there.. I will try playing around with this theory, but seems like this might be the issue. Either way its not a big deal, the bike rides just fine as is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts