Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 09 M696 with around 5,550 miles on her. When I’m riding the engine light has been coming on, it goes off after just a few seconds. This just started happening about three weeks ago. It happens when I’m going a constant speed and rpm, at 45-75 mph and around 4500 – 5500 rpms. I will come on a few times (2-4) on an hour ride. I had the dealer look it over and they said they fixed the problem (memory code?) But it’s still coming on. Is anyone else having this problem? I don’t notice any performance change when the light comes on and it goes off so quickly (3-15 seconds).
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just dropped my 2009 M696 with 2,600 miles off at the dealer today for the same exact problem. My dealer said they knew exactly what it was and had a fix. The Parts Manager (filling in for the Service Manager) explained it to me in exact terms. Of course I didn't take notes, but he did not mention any memory codes. I will pick it up Thursday and will get the complete explanation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Similar issue with my 696: At the end of the day, in the heat (90 and hotter), when I start the bike to go home, the service engine light comes on. I turn the engine off, pause, then turn it on again. It has done this about 10 times in the past two months. Once, the light came again. I turned the engine off and everything was OK.
AFter this, the bike runs fine and there is no evidence of anything wrong.
All of this follows my installation of Leo Vince slip-ons.
After about two weeks with the new pipes, I took the bike to the dealer. They checked out the diagnostics and I was told the oxygen sensor was to blame, and that was due to the Leo Vinces. But, the service manager was not so certain that was the issue, and the he said there's something strange going on.............
That was the last of it...........
I'm not worried, but I do fret that maybe I should be...........

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When I talked to the service manager the second time he told me that the code they got from my bike was a "LAMB" code (for the lambda sensors). He is ordering the sensors and we will see if replacing them will take care of the issue. The light has beeen staying on longer (15-45 sec).

FYI, here is a link to a thread on Ducati Monster Forum "696 Lamba Sensor Issue....continue!"
http://***********************/index.php?topic=25371.0
It sounds like alot of people are having the same issue with the 696.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having the exact same problem, constant speed, 4krpm or so. OBD comes on for 10-20 seconds then goes off. No error codes show. Please post any solutions after the dealer has a chance to replace/research.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Having same behavior any one found issue?

It would have been wonderful if bikes come w/ OBD II just like cars. :( but apparently not.

Anyone has confirmed the fix for this issue? Seems the O2 sensor has the most probability here. Just trying to see if there are quick fixes before I head to the dealer.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts