Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its compleatly replaced with the parts in the kit, except the original lock for the seat is reused and relocated under the tail (the hardest part to get right) the blinkers are held by little L brackets supplied in the kit. nothing is cut and you can switch it back to stock. I have this on my bike. my opinion is its not the best looking kit on the market, would be better looking in black but its by far the easyest to install (witch isnt sayin much but from what ive heard the other kits are a nightmare)

·
Registered
45 Posts
The color is my only problem with the CW kit. Taking it off and having it powder coated is looking like a winter project for me. Everything else considered it's well worth the purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its compleatly replaced with the parts in the kit, except the original lock for the seat is reused and relocated under the tail (the hardest part to get right) the blinkers are held by little L brackets supplied in the kit. nothing is cut and you can switch it back to stock. I have this on my bike. my opinion is its not the best looking kit on the market, would be better looking in black but its by far the easyest to install (witch isnt sayin much but from what ive heard the other kits are a nightmare)
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Is there any wire cutting to install the signals or plate light?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry I do not mean to offend, but my opinion of the Comp Werks fender eliminator is different. I bought it after I broke the stem for the rear indicator with my boots while getting on the bike. The install of the Werks kit was a real pain as the instructions were not very good. The kit itself is made of three metal parts and the fit and finish was ok but not great. I did not like having the keyhole for the seat right above the tire as it would get coated with road grime.

I ended up buying the Evotech fender eliminator which is just about $25 more. It relocates the key to the side, has a tiny storage (enough for a tire repair kit) , and has a better fit and finish. It looks like a stock part of the bike with the black finish.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'd agree, if this is the easy one I'd hate to do the others. What a pain in the butt, ohh and don't plan on ever taking your license plate off because you then have to take the turn signals off first.

The instructions on the second page just fell apart, they were good up install the part where you actually had to install the their product. I to painted mine black before I installed it and it looks much better. I would just paint them, don't worry about powder coating (IMO) because it's not a part that gets warn on much.

The best tip, pay attention to where the wires were placed with the stock tail. If you don't you're basically guessing and you'll want to break something. Also they give you new bolts that run up threw the lic bracket into the fender, they're suppose to be longer but mine weren't. I would suggest picking up some longer ones, other wise you have about 1/8 of an inch to work with.

I've used their kits before and they weren't bad, but in my opinion they had a blind monkey with nubs for fingers design this one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
tail

I had originally purchased the CW kit.
Pain to install, sharp points and edges, and ended up shorting out my main fuse when the plate light touched due to no space for wiring.

returned it before it cut into my seat (one of the biggest fears for me) and bought the R&G Tail Tidy.

better quality, black, not sheet aluminum but heavy duty, and no sharp edges.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had originally purchased the CW kit.
Pain to install, sharp points and edges, and ended up shorting out my main fuse when the plate light touched due to no space for wiring.

returned it before it cut into my seat (one of the biggest fears for me) and bought the R&G Tail Tidy.

better quality, black, not sheet aluminum but heavy duty, and no sharp edges.

Is the R&G made of all plastic? Signal light hangers plastic also?

Any issues fitting a North American plate to the holder?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
last year at MotoGP, i won a raffle at the Ducati dinner. i couldn't use the part that i won so i traded it back to the vendor who donated it for a CW fender eliminator. the vendor in question did not send me any of the necessary hardware to make it actually work. one email to CW and i had all the necessary parts shipped to me FOR FREE. great customer service IMO.

my 696 looks so much better w/the fender eliminator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey raux, how come you didnt mention the alignment issues (R&G) before I went out and bought the kit? lol. ;)

for the record, in case anyone is looking at the R&G kit, there are more than a few reported cases of alignment issues when attaching the kits 2 pieces together. check it before you buy or ask the vendor to have a good look at the kit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i didn't think it was a big deal :( but honestly i did mention it in another forum. I didn't have too much trouble tweaking it, once i put some muscle into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts