Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I've a Monster 696 2010 and it won't start and screen is flickering. I stopped using it for almost a week due to COVID19 situation and tried to start it last Sunday. You can hear it crank but won't start, also the screen kinda flickers/resets. In some instances the screen looks OK (neutral light is on, screen lights up) but when pressing the button to start/crank the bike won't start.
I checked the battery level using the left command and it was LO BAT so I took it to the shop and they fully charged it, I put it back and it still not cranking up (interesting the bat status was showing up LO BAT).
Battery was changed last Oct 2019 and also the voltage regulator which was "faulty". At this point I'm not what could be the issue.

·
Registered
765 Posts
First I’d do a load test on the battery. I had a similar situation. Year old battery on a maintenance charger, bike wouldn’t start, display going nuts. I checked battery voltage, over 12 v, then assumed battery ok. If I’d done a load test i wouldn’t have wasted a week checking other stuff. Dropped a battery out of another bike in , and Bingo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I’d do a load test on the battery. I had a similar situation. Year old battery on a maintenance charger, bike wouldn’t start, display going nuts. I checked battery voltage, over 12 v, then assumed battery ok. If I’d done a load test i wouldn’t have wasted a week checking other stuff. Dropped a battery out of another bike in , and Bingo.
Thanks a lot. Will do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts