Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the local Duc store, about ready to settle in and purchase my first Duc (M695), when the nice person there told me that the seats are universal for the Monster line-up. He then proceded to take the 695 seat on place it on a S4Rs and lo and behold, I got on and could reach the ground. Turns out the seat itself is the only reason the S*R line is 1 inch higher...

Now I have to do the hard task of deciding between '07 695 vs '06 S2R vs '06 S2R1000 + $. Ugh, I thought I was done deciding.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
chave78 said:
Just got back from the local Duc store, about ready to settle in and purchase my first Duc (M695), when the nice person there told me that the seats are universal for the Monster line-up. He then proceded to take the 695 seat on place it on a S4Rs and lo and behold, I got on and could reach the ground. Turns out the seat itself is the only reason the S*R line is 1 inch higher...

Now I have to do the hard task of deciding between '07 695 vs '06 S2R vs '06 S2R1000 + $. Ugh, I thought I was done deciding.

Joe
But what a Great delima it is to have!...........Thanx for the Post. I'm sure allot of folks are going to be tickled pink by this news. ~SC;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
So... Let me get this straight... The seat from the 695 is a little lower than the one on the SR? I've been thinking that the seat on my '06 S2R is would be just about perfect if it was a hair lower... I smell a winter "trade" in my future... with someone too tall for their 695, no less. [thumbsup] Anyone wanna play?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
I had to get a used M620 seat for my M1000s which I believe is same seat height as the s2r & s4r. I found the stock M620 seat actually more comfortable for my build. Not exactly sure why, but the stock M1000S seat was a bit uncomfortable for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
I'm "vertically challenged" as well and when the dealer told me that the seats from a 695 swapped with the ones from the S2R, the deal was pretty much sealed. It also probably helped that he put both side by side and started them up. The S2R had the Zards installed and once I heard that rumble, I made up my mind. The 695, while a stunning looking bike (red/black combo), sounded wimpy next to the S2R.

I'd vote for the S2R800 but I'm biased.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
kenbong said:
The S2R had the Zards installed and once I heard that rumble, I made up my mind. The 695, while a stunning looking bike (red/black combo), sounded wimpy next to the S2R.

I'd vote for the S2R800 but I'm biased.
You are biased because the S2R had pipes on it. Of course the 695 sounded wimpy. You should hear my bike now with the new pipes. AMAZING!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I have the 620 with Termi pipes and it sounds awesome..I am preparing to get the S4Rs Testastretta next year and I will swap the seat as I too only have a 31 inseam, but a size 13 shoe [laugh]
And the seat is very comfy compared to jap bikes....I sat on my friends bikes and wanted mine back...
Duscati
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Thanks for the info... with a seat swap, I might be well able to increase rear ride height on my S4Rs without running my seat height into the >33" range.

Anyone know the OEM price for a M695 seat? I assume it will accept the tail cowl?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
I put a 620 seat on my S4R about a year ago and I like it much better. It is not only lower, but more narrow between your legs. It feels like you are sitting in the bike more than on it. It also put less pressure on your thighs. One thing though, it took a few tries to get the right seat. Ducati sent a couple of seats that would not fit my bike or any of the bikes in the shop, including the 620's. The third one was a perfect fit. The first two weren't even close, yet they had the same part number.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
881 Posts
I had a manufacturer defect in my 695 seat so right now I am waiting on a brand spanking new seat. When it comes I will do a trade, but as my bike is a daily commuter we will have to work something out so I am not without a seat for even a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
C Fresh said:
I had a manufacturer defect in my 695 seat so right now I am waiting on a brand spanking new seat. When it comes I will do a trade, but as my bike is a daily commuter we will have to work something out so I am not without a seat for even a day.
What was the defect?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top