Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

So I bought replacement levers from monsterparts and whent to install them and I noticed that the clutch grip as a small switch which is pressed when ever the clutch is engaged.

What does this do and can I live without it? The grips I have now doesn't have the extended part to engage it as we speak.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I did some more research. So I assume that if I cant use the switch then the only way to start the bike is in Neutral? Is it suggested to mod the switch to always be engaged? Any positives or negatives for doing this?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well the problem that can occur if you mod this switch (don't even know myself if it can be done) is that your ignition will always think that your clutch lever is pressed even if it's not.

Therefore I can imagine that you'll be able to start up your engine, in gear without lever pressed; witch of course can have serious consequences.

So I wouldn't go that way and as I said, don't even know if it can be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point. I read that some people have done that, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Anyone have any mods to make it work? or suggestions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts