Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like riding a skateboard. Railroad tracks mean I'm not in contact with the Earth half of the crossing. I've adjusted sag(s) on the back and got the rebound damping right, but it is still harsh.

Nevertheless, on the way to work this morning I noticably beveled my right boot sole on Turn #1 (the right-hander) and exited Turn #2 (the left-hander) at 97mph indicated. Riding uphill out of Mission Valley the needle showed 110mph, and there was room for more. And the suspension was working beautifully the whole way.

Seems to me I can dump money into it to make it street-friendly, or just ride it the way it was intended. I may try 7-weight oil in the forks, but other than that will probably resign myself to having to ride rapidly in order to respect the intent of the designers.

-Don

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
personally, if i were beveling my boot at those speeds with confidence in the suspension, i would leave well enough alone and suffer on the railroad tracks. in other words, don't mess with a good thing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking rearsets again. I can't seem to ride tippy-toed, 'cause getting my size 12s back to the controls is iffy with the pavement pushing them back.

But if I get rearsets, then I gotta have clip-ons. It just keeps going on and on, doesn't it?

-Don

M

·
0 Posts
Don, I spent some time in good old SD (went to SDSU in the '70s) and I'm familiar with the nice wide freeways down there, but dude you are haulin' ass! It sounds like your suspension is dialed for its intent, ie. quick sport-ish riding. If you soften it up to get compliance over the railroad tracks and persist in 97mph cornering antics you're going to bevel more than your boots! Good on 'ya though! Oh, and you might consider some frame sliders - just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts