Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to find a winter project and have found a stolen recovered m620 which might suit my needs.

Needs a new ignition barrel as its damaged but the owner has the original set of keys. Is this likely to be a rabbit hole of red key immobiliser issues?
Additionally, the bike starts and runs but has problems starting when hot.
The tank has been cleaned for reasons related to fhis but to no avail.

Would like to look at the bike this week and will take compression tester and laptop with GuzziDiag with me in the hope reading any fault codes. Can i disable the immobiliser with GuzziDiag?

Anything else i should pay attention to beyond the usual? I'll be giving the bike a full service incl valves and belts but if there is anything special on tbe 620...

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know really. Nothing at all wrong with the 620 in general. I would venture to say it's the world's "Okayest" Monster. If someone new to Ducati was interested in a clean, well maintained 620 at a fair price asked my opinion, I would say go for it. That being said, ALL Monsters from that era are plagued with the same afflictions sooner or later. Aging electrics, ECU/immobilizer issues, dash cluster problems. A rabbit hole definitely. There are solutions, but no easy ones for sure. It's a lot to tackle, and if I was going to go down that road again, it would be on something that was a little less "Vanilla, no toppings" even in perfect form. More like a hot fudge sundae with everything on it that will draw a crowd. Or catch the interest of a few that know what's what at the very least.

Yes, you can disable the immobilizer with GuzziDiag. However it's not just a matter of plugging in and switching it off. You must actually download the .bin file, have the appropriate .xdf and tuning software, make the changes to the bin and re-flash the ECU.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, I am with you on it being VERY Vanilla, it wouldn't be a keeper. A Buddy and I are planning a tour for next year, if COVID allows it, and due to the situation so far I have already done most of my winter Jobs as far as my bikes go. So we thought we'd "rescue" a Ducati over winter and if we are lucky put a Euro or two in the Tour Piggy Bank. A well-sorted/tidy 620 dont fetch a lot less than a comparable 900 here (I don't get it either). With the Prices for 620's being between 2750 and 3250 and 900's 500 euros more. Obviously, the work involved is the same irrespective of capacity but finding something in need of some love for a low price .... impossible.

We'll go have a look at it and go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I might have the xdf file you need. I have 2 for the 05 620, one oem and one for the DP file.

28641191A_2005_Monster_620_OEM_IAW5AMHW610
96513504B_2005_Monster_620_DP_IAW5AMHW610

1 - 4 of 4 Posts