Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the dynoed horsepower to the rear wheel of the m620? Ducati lists 60 hp on there website, but for some reason I think that is actually bhp, which if I remember is a little less then 60 hp, but pretty close. Beginnerbikes.com (which is what lead me to want a duc as much as I do) said that the Ninja 500R with 54 horsepower has 8 more then the Ducati m620.

Help?!?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so a carbed m750 puts down the same hp as a fuelie m620?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, give or take a few - I can tell you from experience that my 620 has noticeably less torque than my 750 had but there is sfa in it in terms of overall speed and acceleration - the 620 revs quicker and harder so on the street I think they perform about the same...someone made the comment that the 620 runs more like an inline 4 and I think they were pretty spot on - still sounds like a duke tho !

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Mine was 55.8 RWHP on a Dynojet 250 with the stock mufflers. It went up to 58.9 with some cobbled slipons I made up from an old RC51 exhaust.

·
Registered
221 Posts
tell everyone its 132...then just walk away. ;D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found the epa's website on dynoed horsepower. They list the m620ie as 44 in 2002 and 45 in 2003

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is listed as the same horsepower as the Ninja 500R from Kawasaki. I know that people have dynoed these bikes at somewhere in the low 50's high 40's range

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
60 sounds about right.
karen's carbed m750 dyno'ed 63.1 at the rear wheel
I've got a dyno printout claiming 69.8hp for my (carbed) '99 M750 with Staintune slipons, an open airbox lid and a FactoryPro jetkit, but the 4 other bikes that day on the same dyno all suspiciously showed about 5-10% higher than expected too (107hp for a stock '99 ZX6R? I don't _think_ so...)

big

·
Registered
161 Posts
63.2 at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Many tricks you can do to "help" your dyno numbers >:D
there are a half dozen different ratings for hp and dyno operators will often fish around for the best feel good number. the type of rating is usualy on the dyno print-out SAE, DIN, STANDARD, UNCORRECTED, and another one or two I cannot remember. Usualy the numbers are higest in standard (can pick up 2-3hp on a 60hp run). the parameters as well as a presured room also smoothing can boost numbers........free hp [thumbsup]
cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts