Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am looking at buying a Monster 600 in order to put a 900 SS or Monster engine into it. 2nd thing I´d like to do is get a set of 999 wheels and put them in the bike.

What I was wondering about is, is the 600 swingarm the same as the 900 and will the 5,5" 999 wheel fit in with a couple of spacers?

Will the 600 carburetor fit the 900 engine?

I know that I might need a new fork and new calipers, etc, I´m not worrying about that at this point.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The motor is an easy swap, the swingarm will work, but.........999 wheels won't fit. I suppose you could MAKE them fit, but I have a custom fabrication shop and I wouldn't waste the time involved. Lot's of cool used wheels out there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
749/999 wheels would be rough. new axles, spacers, new rotor(front is 5 bolt, rear is 4 bolt i think).

if you are super super lucky, you could score some 5 spoke OE marchesini's off a 1000ds SS, or monster. very nice wheels. this is what they look like
the carbs might work, but possibly too small. i think there's a couple set of 900 carbs on ebay.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=92209
there are already sold though.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Not sure but I think all the 600,750, and 900's used 38mm BDSM Mikuni carbs. The jetting is all different.

I was just tinkering with an unknown 750 I picked up that had a really bad idle problem. Knowing the 750 and 900 used the same carb body I was able to pick up an NOS set of unused M900 carbs in case I needed them. I pulled the old carbs and checked the jetting, the mains were different however the idle circuit was the same. I mounted the 900's on the bike and it started flawlessly and idled perfect. I could not rev the motor as it was way over jetted. I removed them with less than 2 minutes run time and rebuilt the originals. All went well and I no longer am in need of the M900 carbs. They are for sale now in the parts section.

Send me a PM if interested. These are brand new, no fuss, no muss, no cuss. Mount and ride on your M900 project motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts