Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! does anyone have information about any aftermarket tanks or tanks from other motorcycles that fit monsters?
the monster tank is very big tbh. defeats the ethics of a cafe racer and also the bottom part is annoying :p

and/or do you have any links of as to how to make a tank myself? im handy with a welding machine and im willing to learn.

this is for a cafe racer build based on a duc monster 400 i.e.

thanks,
zayd

·
Registered
548 Posts
The tank is the same as the other Monsters of the same year , isnt it ? I’ve never seen a 400.
The shape of the Ducati frame and engine dictate the shape of the bottom of the tank , and any other tank not made for the frame would sit at an odd angle. I personally can’t see spending the money for an alloy tank . It would cost more than the bike. California Cycle Works sells a SS shape tank In a non expanding plastic, but it comes in red only ( I think) and they don’t advise painting it. They do make plastic friendly paint and adhesion promoter for prepping plastic to paint. You could try that, or go with red.

·
Registered
548 Posts
As far as making a tank, it requires a high skill level. Watch YouTube videos to decide if you’re up to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts