Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

321 - 340 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, it was done in a shop. However, I did Plastidipped my helmet and I think it shouldn't be that difficult with proper painter's tape. I didn't have a slim tape so I just made the main stripe.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
nice job on the helmet. How did you get such sharp lines? I tried masking tape but it lifts the edges to much, and i'm not going to take a razor to my helmet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same issue at first, the key is to remove the tape before the paint dries completely, otherwise you'll end up with rough edges or you'll have to use a razor on it, which I don't like either. I used 3M car paint tape, got it in Autozone, it sticks good enough and it's very easy to remove or reposition when masking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Weekend warmup, still waiting for some upgrades...
How do you like your windscreen? Does it make a difference on those longer highway rides? Is it worth buying?

·
Registered
100 Posts
How do you like your windscreen? Does it make a difference on those longer highway rides? Is it worth buying?
Purves:

The windscreen came included with the bike, at the beggining I didn't liked the look that much, but it grew on me. Regarding wind protection, I cannot give you a comparison without it on the same bike, but I had a Buell Lightning before and the wind blast was considerably higher at higway speed. The monster feels more comfortable on the highway and wind doesn't bother me that much at "mostly" legal speeds, so I think it works decently for its size. Anyway, part of the charm of a naked bike is to struggle with the wind once in a while.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK so i think i am finally done with mods on the monster. i dusted off my professional camera and took some pics by my house.

mods as it stands now:
- Marchesini forged wheels off a 2008 1098S -4lbs lighter than stock wheels
- Pirelli Diablo supercorsa SP V2 tires
- Shorai Lithium ion battery
- Rexxer ECU flash with 02 and servo Delete.
- Shift Tech slip on
- polished Exhaust
- old school Ducati tank decals
- K&N race Air Filter
- Woodcraft 57mm clip ons (for 1199 panigale)
- modified and powdercoated wrinkle black headlight bracket.
- Rizoma reverse retro mirrors
- Speedymoto Frame Sliders
- Motodynamics integrated tail light
- removed and modified timing belt covers.
- relocated OEM front turn signals to headlight (euro style)

·
Registered
81 Posts
OK so i think i am finally done with mods on the monster. i dusted off my professional camera and took some pics by my house.

mods as it stands now:
- Marchesini forged wheels off a 2008 1098S -4lbs lighter than stock wheels
- Pirelli Diablo supercorsa SP V2 tires
- Shorai Lithium ion battery
- Rexxer ECU flash with 02 and servo Delete.
- Shift Tech slip on
- polished Exhaust
- old school Ducati tank decals
- K&N race Air Filter
- Woodcraft 57mm clip ons (for 1199 panigale)
- modified and powdercoated wrinkle black headlight bracket.
- Rizoma reverse retro mirrors
- Speedymoto Frame Sliders
- Motodynamics integrated tail light
- removed and modified timing belt covers.
- relocated OEM front turn signals to headlight (euro style)
Farkin love this bike!

321 - 340 of 505 Posts