Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

301 - 320 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since everyone LOVES windscreens so much I thought I'd upload a shot of mine! I didn't really like how plain the Ducati one was, so I had my local vinyl wrap shop give it a little flair:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since everyone LOVES windscreens so much I thought I'd upload a shot of mine! I didn't really like how plain the Ducati one was, so I had my local vinyl wrap shop give it a little flair:

I, for one, would love to have a windscreen on my Monster which deflected air and looked good on the bike. So far there is nothing on the market that does both, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts

I like the look of that and I am looking for a screen that will cover enough of the display to make it more useful, Do you find the display is more visible with this screen on it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the look of that and I am looking for a screen that will cover enough of the display to make it more useful, Do you find the display is more visible with this screen on it?
Personally, I run my dash in night mode at all times, so I'm not sure if the additional vinyl has added enough shade to make the day mode readable in sunlight. I'll give it a try when I ride it to work tomorrow. Without the vinyl, it didn't seem to help much, but I do like how it provides the dash a little more protection from the elements (along with deflecting some wind away from my 6'3" frame...mainly in the torso area).

·
Registered
170 Posts
just polished. in person is a nice gold color which is not bad specially for only 5 bucks that i spent in the metal polish.
I polished my pipe under the heat shield to test it, but I wet sanded then polished with compound.

I like the results you got, what did you use specifically and did you do it with the pipes on the bike?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I polished my pipe under the heat shield to test it, but I wet sanded then polished with compound.

I like the results you got, what did you use specifically and did you do it with the pipes on the bike?
i used mothers mag and aluminum polish. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mothers-Mag-and-Aluminum-Polish/15137634
i polished them with an old sock and shined them with an old microfiber towel. it took me a good half a day.. what i did is i put on a coat then polish then turn on the bike to let them heat up a bit, wait for the pipes to cool down and repeat. i did it at least 3 times.
i did it with the pipes on the bike yea.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i used mothers mag and aluminum polish. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mothers-Mag-and-Aluminum-Polish/15137634
i polished them with an old sock and shined them with an old microfiber towel. it took me a good half a day.. what i did is i put on a coat then polish then turn on the bike to let them heat up a bit, wait for the pipes to cool down and repeat. i did it at least 3 times.
i did it with the pipes on the bike yea.
Thanks! Looks like I have something to do when I find some free time.

301 - 320 of 505 Posts