Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the spark plug cable of my front cylinder is cut thanks to the shark edges of the radiator fan shroud. Local Duc dealer want $80 pesos for the cable... not happy but I would have bought it... but to add insult to the price... they don't have it stock and it has to come in directly from the plant in Bologna... 10 to 12 days wait. 10 TO 12 DAYS OF RIDING GONE!! Nope not waiting.

So I picked up a single ignition cable at the local auto parts store, pulled the terminal off to swap it... but Ducati being Ducati.. the boots don't have normal crimp on connectors, there is a thread on the crimp at the cylinder side.

Looks to be either a Rajah E9-CT-TS 8-32 or E9-CT-TS 10-32 terminal.

http://rajahterminals.com/

No local auto parts place has these connectors, and Amazoo neither. Trying to find the manufacturer's phone number so I can call to see who supplies these terminal so I can pick one up. Anyone know who to contact? (Not the website given.. he just bought the website to sell from FL, I'm not in the US).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
So the spark plug cable of my front cylinder is cut thanks to the shark edges of the radiator fan shroud. Local Duc dealer want $80 pesos for the cable... not happy but I would have bought it... but to add insult to the price... they don't have it stock and it has to come in directly from the plant in Bologna... 10 to 12 days wait. 10 TO 12 DAYS OF RIDING GONE!! Nope not waiting.

So I picked up a single ignition cable at the local auto parts store, pulled the terminal off to swap it... but Ducati being Ducati.. the boots don't have normal crimp on connectors, there is a thread on the crimp at the cylinder side.

Looks to be either a Rajah E9-CT-TS 8-32 or E9-CT-TS 10-32 terminal.

http://rajahterminals.com/

No local auto parts place has these connectors, and Amazoo neither. Trying to find the manufacturer's phone number so I can call to see who supplies these terminal so I can pick one up. Anyone know who to contact? (Not the website given.. he just bought the website to sell from FL, I'm not in the US).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The problem with the break is arcing...when the sheathing is cut the electrons follow the easiest pathway....when the cable is positioned correctly you never notice the problem but when the wire is exposed...the performance is miserable...order the wire and do what you can to keep the cut compressed against itself preventing any arcing from occuring...it's a stop gap...but better than being parked

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with the break is arcing...when the sheathing is cut the electrons follow the easiest pathway....when the cable is positioned correctly you never notice the problem but when the wire is exposed...the performance is miserable...order the wire and do what you can to keep the cut compressed against itself preventing any arcing from occuring...it's a stop gap...but better than being parked

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I sealed the cable with some RTV silicon and put a silicone sleeve over the split (extra sleeve left over from a cable I had for my car) to protect it even more. RTV silicon is great for cable fixes, especially plug cables as the silicon stays flexible, stops voltage leaks and has a very high melting point so engine heat isn't an issue. So far zero issues. I will order a new cable, but at least I can ride her now, so the wait is much less painful. [thumbsup]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts