Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I can't find any information on the type of forks that come on the M1100s from Ohlins. I see that the P/N stamped on the bottom is FG7380 but Ohlin's site has no technical info for them. I'm looking to change the fork seals and want to know stock rebound/damping settings, fork oil weight and quantity as well as a disassembly/reassembly guide.

Are they like the S4R's R&T forks? I see lot's of how-to videos on those. Don't want to get stumped on this one.

If anyone has a workshop manual or can say if these are indeed very similar to the S4R's R&T forks, that would be super helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

I called Ohlins USA and they confirmed they're built just like earlier R&T forks from other Monsters (like the S4Rs). I asked them for a workshop manual but they said it's not for public distribution. But since they're like the R&T forks, I will use the video by Dave Moss to learn how to replace the seals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hope this may be of some help in the future for you.
I also have an M1100S. The original fork seals lasted only two seasons and 8200 miles. I found that Yamaha owns Ohlins. And as a result, I was able to replace the seals and dust seals with Yamaha R1 components. Being that they are more durable to provide a longer street life than the racing seals that originally came in the Ohlins, I am now at 32,000 miles and just beginning to show signs of oil seepage. Approximately 3 times the seal life. And, yes, I will again use the Yamaha seals.
Here are the Yamaha part numbers:
Dust Seal …. 4TX-23144-01-00
Oil Seal ……. 5VX-23145-00-00

·
Super Moderator
3,590 Posts
Duc_Racer, fantastic tip. My Paul Smart has like 7,500 miles on it and the forks started leaking just from hanging out in the garage. I asked the local shop how much new seals would cost and it was like $80 each. That's why they are still leaking in my garage a year later. I figured other seals would work but hadn't bothered to cross check them. You just saved me some time and money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts