Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the manual it appears that Ducati purposely incorporated an 8% error into the dash reading for the speed.

"The dashboard receives actual speed value (expressed in
km/h) from the control unit and displays the value increased
by 8%."

Is there any way to remove this electronic nanny and correct the dash so it is actually reading the correct speed?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this affect the mileage? From my understanding the ECU reports the correct speed to the dash and it is the dash that adds the 8% to the speed readout without affect the mileage reading.

The speedohealer seems to affect the signal that the ECU is getting from the wheel sensor and therefore would affect the mileage reading as well as the speed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is how I think it works.

Since it installs into the rear tire speed sensor, it changes the formula for calculations and send the " corrected" speed to the ECU for display. I believe the ECU puts in the 8%, so it will still do it, but you are adjusting for this beforehand with the product.

Jim

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
The sensor reports an accurate speed to the computer, so the odometer is accurate. The computer adds 8% to the displayed speed. This is to conform to European speedometer regulations, which effectively result in a requirement that speedometers read between 0% and ~16% high at freeway speeds. 8% correction puts it right in the middle of the legal range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts