Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats the beauty of the PCV, AutoTune and LCD screen along with a ECU flash. You can watch your AFR real time and hit target ratios. Fat'n up the startup and decel at higher RPMS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Autotune

G'Day there
I have the DP ECU,high flow air filter and Termi slipons with DP ECU and high flow air filter and a PCv on my M1100s (2010 Australia) and think this by far one of the best mods I have done, It is awesome rides runs and sound excellent I love it, as far as tune maps go these seem a bit thin for the M1100 even from Power Commander as the only tune available is for Mivv slippons ,stock ecu/air filter.
What do other people run ???? as am sure there is more than one M1100 with a PCv that has not yet seen a Dyno. which I intend on getting done (closest decent bike dyno with a good rep and experience is 600kmss away)
To this end I believe an Autotune (AT-300) is the way to go and after a few adjustments this should be as good if not better than dyno time due to the consistant variations made by the unit and accommidate future mods such as a MWR Power up kit which have positive reports (this is not pod filters but a permenant alteration to the air box ,please look them up ) please correct me if I am wrong with this, with this unit whats the optimum AFR used as a set point ?
Is this effected by temperature,Altitude ?
Does the DP ECU allow adjustment in the low RPM as like a Protune or Rexxer reflashed ECU ?
What are the down sides of this arangement or the autotune ?
Cheers Buck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cheers mate a fair bit of helpfull info seems I will have to send my original stock ecu off to get reflashed then put on a autotune and this will then accommadate any future air intake upgrades just so happens the Wasp intake kits are made tested and developed here Western Australia so bugger all postage cost on that one :) so thats a win
Cheers Buck

·
Registered
162 Posts
You're lucky...My Wasp kit came across the pond and with exchange rate, duty and taxes she was a hefty bill. Worth every penny??? Hell YES! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I can typically start by using the cold start procedure even when it is not particularly cold. In fact, if the bike has been sitting overnight I always use this. What I call cold start is to give the throttle one twist (to get some more fuel in?) then crank. The problem is that sometimes after sitting only a hour or so on a cool day, I have the same problem and try to just crank it up.

I never put anything in my AFR Table or Trim Table at really low rpm's because these were below the idle speed. Could the very lean nature of those cells have something to do with the start problem (seemingly solved by twisting the throttle once to get some more fuel in?)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, I know this topic has been beaten to death, I had ordered a Bazzaz Z-FI for my Canadian M796, well, it doesn't work due to wiring being different with the US version. So....PCV it is(on order as we speak), I want ahead and looked at the available maps since I'm not getting the auto tune. The only one I see is Leo Vince slipon with stock airfilter, perfect...that is exactly what I have!!! Now...all this long winded mumble was for this question....how many have been satisfied with the MAP in question? Is it set at 13.6:1 AFR all across? I haven't had a chance to look at the table...anyone care to post it? I have a Mac and all the downloads are on PC :(
Thanks

By the way Sean2sean, Bazzaz would have been my first choice, the guys there are onto something!! :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
My bike pulls the best Dyno times with 12.2-12.6 AFR's. I have startup fuel in the 500 (40%), 750 (30%), 1000 (20%) rpm and 0 % TPS. This puts more fuel to the engine during crank and startup. Bike runs like a champ and never gives me any problems on startup.

I have a great map built for my engine, although I am running 11:1 pistons and the wasp kit with Marving CF cans. If anyone is interested in the map, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can send you what I have for my M1100

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks DucPilot,

Do you happen to know what AFRs the stock map runs? Closer to 14 or 14.7:1? If so, this beast is really lean from factory and losing tons of go if you are getting the best at 12.2-12.6:1!!:eek: I had a chance to look at the Bazzaz map AFR, the down loadable map was about 13.3-13.5:1 and some thought it was rich. I wanted to get a baseline of what most people are running across the range. Unfortunately PCV doesn't have the Bazzaz ability to trim below the closed loop. With Bazzaz, even without the ZAFM which is like the Autotune, one can still adjust manually their AFR or percentage of fuel "put or taken away." I still don't understand why the Canadian 796 is different from the US, it has California Emission stickers on it!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't have any before info on AFR's for the 1100. That is very strange that the US and CDN version would be different. I can say that the PCV, with wideband O2 and Autotune, along with remap of ECU from Motowheels has corrected ALL of my fueling issues. To add, last year before these fuel system mods, on a 5k road trip I was burning approx 13 liters to 150km's. This year it was about 7 to 7.5 liters per 150km's. With the smooth operation below 4000rpm I was able to switch to 15/38 gearing and have one hell of a nice ride!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts