Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed arrow slip-ons yesterday plus a couple of other goodies to clean up the bike. Here's how it turned out for the people interested in arrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, nice dog. And thanks. They look good, sound great and a hell of a lot cheaper (688 shipped) compared to some other exhausts. Granted they aren't titanium or carbon, but still great look. I'd post a video of the sound if I can just figure this site out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bulldogs are the best aren't they...

On your silver bike I like the look you went with as much as carbon or Ti. Could you tell any difference in performance from the stockers? I've got the slip on termi's, but I've never been able to tell much difference. I've heard the full system makes the bike feel different, but I wasn't big on the look of it (or the price for performance tradeoff).

I think I'd go ahead and drop a couple extra g's on top of the full system cost and just buy a sport classic for the stable....which I'm talking myself into more each day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they are. Characters.

I liked the aluminum look because of the silver on the bike. Normally I'm a fan of carbon pipes. I can't tell a difference at all performance wise. But then again I did buy it more for looks and sound than performance. These bikes come packed with more performance than I can ever utilize anyways. But then again if I really wanted performance I would have gotten a SF instead.

I've got Termi slipons on my 1098, can't justify the $3.4K full system for 5 ponies that I'd never be able to see or use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is that the lower profile seat? And is that the Rizoma S*R rearset? I'm a big fan of the red trellis frame, that's the only reason why I refused to get the S model but after seeing all the pics of the black and gold monsters I'm really digging it and kinda regret not going for the S model instead lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes, low seat and S*R sets. I also have the touring that I flip back and forth with depending on distance. I actually think I prefer the low seat even though I don't need it (6' 2").

You could have gotten a Red S, and had the dealer swap to silvers. I actually bought a white, and then picked up the black panels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How comfy is the low seat? I'm thinking about it, not more because I'm shorter 5'7" but because the stock seat's got you sliding forward like heck. No one likes man toe. The low seat looks really flat right by the tank so it wouldn't slide you forward. Didn't realize that the S came with a red frame. Just digging straight black and gold though. Maybe my next ducati in the distant future. I'd love to get the rizoma rearset that you've got but I like going 2 up every now and then. Can't justify dishing out 1100 bucks for the rizoma m1100 rearset with passenger pegs though. That's a rip off, but you they are just setting a price based on the bike name lol. Your boy/girl looks stocky there. Good looking dog lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The dog is a girl, and she's about 55 lbs. She's actually pretty tall for a bully. In that little pic, she's about 10 months old, so she was more plump.

Both the touring and low seat help immensely with the sliding. That, along with the 14t front sprocket are the best things to spend money on - bang for the buck wise - IMO.

The low seat has real grippy fabric, and as you said, much flatter at the tank. The touring seat is flatter all the way from the back towards the tank, and feels wider.

The cushioning is much greater in the touring obviously, but the low isn't bad. Not sure how you'd like the touring seat at 5' 7", you would probably be fine, but it does raise the bike about 2 inches.

As for the rearsets, I agree, straight up rip off, with or without the passenger pegs. I never ride two up, and I got them before the price went up, so I saved about $300 over the M1100 specific ones.

Here is my bike with the touring seat on - I don't think it looks as good as the low, but thats subjective. Either would be a smart buy...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do like the look of the low seat a lot better. Rizoma is over priced. Nice but still over price. Gilles makes some nice rearsets for much more reasonable price. Where and how much for the low seat? My bully is a year and some change, he's 56lbs so your girl is pretty big. Tank here's a lil tall as well. A character though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
tank..haha, great name.

I got my seat from my local dealer, but I'm sure Jeff at monsterparts can get you one, or the guys over at commonwealth, motowheels, salt lake, etc.

Should be about $225 or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bro. Really looking forward to getting it. She's in the shop right now for her 600. Got onto my 1098 for the first time in about a month. That bike feels just so "foreign" to me now. It's always been a "comfortable" bike but now that I get on it again it's never felt so high up and cramped before haha. I think the monster has just spoiled me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered my low seat today from commoto, will get it on Tuesday, can't wait. What noticeable difference did the 14T do for you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
14t smoothes out the low end by changing the gear ratios, makes the bike much more agreeable at low speeds. Do a search, you will find about 95% of the people that do it love it. You lose a little top end, but who cares.

The alternative is to go up in the back, but thats more expensive, more of a pain (wheel off) and some people don't like the look visually.

14 is the easy way out, and very effective. have the shop toss one on for you if its still there - should be about $75 (takes them 5 minutes).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a rear 2 up on my 749 but that was a while ago so I can't recall the difference from stock. But smoothness is definitely a must for the bike. No fun clunking along at 4K and under. And that's exactly what I had in mind, plan on calling the dealer before going to pick it up. You're a very very bad man, influencing me to spend money. First the seat now the sprocket.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm a fan of the carbon too...

you should take out the bolts on your exhaust hangers and move them up to the higher one on the brackets. it raises the rear of the exhaust a bit and makes it look a bit sportier and tighter at the rear-end. i did it to mine and i loved the look. its a bit hard to get the holes lined up, but if you loosen up the springs on the slips everything slides around pretty easy. give it a shot and see what ya think!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Created an account with commoto.com. You get discounted prices when you do. 688 for aluminum cans and 2nd air. I think you can get them cheaper from http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/ though because they give a 15% dml discount. So that bring sit close to like 650 I think. I didn't realize that until I already put my order in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts