Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done the DP ECU, Termi slip-ons, 14t front sprocket. Is there anything else you guys have found to squeak any more power out of this engine? And I'll go ahead and say in advance... no, I don't NEED any more power - I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

To those of you who have installed the slip-ons then upgraded to the whole system afterwards, is the addition of the upgraded head pipe a noticeable improvement in power?

Question 2 - I'm pretty sure that when the dealer did the ECU/Airbox mod (whatever that consists of), I don't think they dyno'd it or anything. Can they, should they? Yeah, I know it's a question for the dealer - but I was hoping for input from those who have noticed a difference (or no difference) first.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Pistons and cams are the old tried and true method for big gains. I don't know what's out there for the 1100, I've never worked on one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming you also went with a less restrictive intake?
Yes, as I recall, the dealer did something with the airbox/filter (?) and removed the charcoal cannister.

But it sounds like I'm pretty well tapped out - which is ok! Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
swap the slip on's for a full termi system. Haven't ridden one, but my Duc mech speaks highly of the full system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
But it sounds like I'm pretty well tapped out - which is ok! Thanks!
Far from it. It's all a matter of money and how far you want to go. NCR has teased 130HP/98ft-lbs out of some of their Ducati 2V engines, but the cost is insane.

Anyway, if you ever pull your heads to do something I really recommend taking the time to replace the valve guides with aftermarket ones (Ducati cuts a lot of corners on their valve trains, probably to keep their service dept. busy) ... FBF are the only ones that I can name off the top of my head, but several people make them. Then do a leak down test to see if you need a valve job too ... and hey if you do why not go with larger diameter titanium valves? And if the heads are off why not have them ported and polished? See where this leads ... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts