Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you suspect it will be till Ducati releases a M1098? I'd like to think it's going to happen, but who knows how long the wait could be, any speculations or rumors?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
no rumors, but i speculate within 3 years.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Just enough time for me to put so much into modding the s4rs that I can argue with all the new forum members at time of the new monster release that a trade-up isn't worth it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i think that the Desmodue 1100 is actually a 1098 ;) that will come to a Monster near you faster than the Evo [thumbsup]

and a much better choice too [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
I'm hoping they put it into an ST first so i dont have to buy a 1098 AND keep my current ST. But they wont. :(
Sadly, I think your right. I'll just go buy that SportClassic 1000S instead. >:D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waldorf said:
i think that the Desmodue 1100 is actually a 1098 ;) that will come to a Monster near you faster than the Evo [thumbsup]

and a much better choice too [thumbsup]
What makes you say it's a better choice?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Justin Sain said:
What makes you say it's a better choice?
He's old and grumpy and slow and the air-cooled lump fits his riding style better for the road.

<threadjack on the Waldorf and Statler thing... apparantly my employees found the DML... I came into my office and there was a Statler doll sitting in my chair... funny pics with my daughter's baby battery-powered monster to follow soon when I'm drunk and bored. Now back to our old-man crankiness>

Oh... and it's 1078. Put your reading glasses back on. ;D

·
Registered
737 Posts
Statler said:
He's old and grumpy and slow and the air-cooled lump fits his riding style better for the road.

<threadjack on the Waldorf and Statler thing... apparantly my employees found the DML... I came into my office and there was a Statler doll sitting in my chair... funny pics with my daughter's baby battery-powered monster to follow soon when I'm drunk and bored. Now back to our old-man crankiness>

Oh... and it's 1078. Put your reading glasses back on. ;D
;D yah, i got them on now. once again, old chap, when you're right, you're right [thumbsup]

i bought an S4Rs just because it came at the same price as putting its suspension and brakes on an S2R 1000. but after trying an S2R 1000 i really wish i had bought that instead. it's much smoother and more fun to punch. i'm not out to win any races and only put the bike on the track a few times a year for fun, so the Testastretta is teeth-grinding overkill.

if a "Monster S2Rs 1100" comes out in the next 2 two years, i'll be getting that. if not... my motor will be up for sale or trade for a 1078 Desmodue.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I found the motor in the new Multistrada 1100 to be a little thrashy when I rode it, but different strokes for different folks...

(71.5 mm versus 63.5mm to be exact... hahahahahahaha)

Might feel different in a different bike though... and with some different exhausts... yeah, an s2r1100 might be fun. Let me go do some 90mph roll ons to clear that thought out of my head...

Chris

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Went to the dealer and got mine on pre-order for x-mas 09 [clap] [clap]

lol

-ghost

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I doubt you'll see it until the 1098 is a previous generation motor. The S4(*) has always lagged at least one generation behind what is in the Superbike. Traditionally, the Monster has been the "parts bin" bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts