Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Big [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] for Ducati Charlotte

Bob and crew have been excellent. Brief synopsis.

Saturday we (Wife and I) decide to venture out a bit so I suggest the Asheboro area due to your ride being in that area Sunday. We load her and the kids up in the chase vehicle and I gear up. On the way out I happen to walk by the front of the bike. Damn, the lens is broken with the entire right side gone. We decide to head out anyway but it's gnawing at me so I pull off 485 onto 74 west and pull in to Duc Charlotte. I walk up to the parts counter and ask if they have one in stock. I also mention if they have the corresponding BMW part that Bosch is Bosch and I'd like to save a few bucks over the Duc part premium. He returns with the Bmw part (35.00 with tax) offers me a full size (as opposed to the underseat tool i have) and out I go. I hit a snag in putting it back together - namely the clips wouldn't stay in as i placed the housing back together. A tech on break came over took a look and gave me a hand (apparently my struggles were spotted as a second tech showed up a sec later and offered to help as well). Was in and out in under 30 minutes and the day was saved (280+ miles through central NC and back).

Service was planned for today. Drop off and a walk around 9am. Bike was fully ready by noon (had them change oil, check and resync the A/F mixture, check and resync the throttle, raise the ride height 1/2" and give it a once over).

The bike had been running extremely rich which was causing my issues. Turns out the VA dealer (Coleman's Falls Church) had muffed the install on my DP termi kit. It literally runs like a new bike. Toothy smile the whole way home, despite the drizzle. They cleared up a few other minor issues as well. On top of all that, they had the opportunity to put on new brake pads (I OK'd it if they needed it) and instead of padding the service they said they were good. All of this and the price was 100.00 less than I was anticipating.

I've had the bike into 4 different dealers now and the experience here is at the top.

CWBY

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
COWBOY said:
Big [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] for Ducati Charlotte

Bob and crew have been excellent. Brief synopsis.

Saturday we (Wife and I) decide to venture out a bit so I suggest the Asheboro area due to your ride being in that area Sunday. We load her and the kids up in the chase vehicle and I gear up. On the way out I happen to walk by the front of the bike. Damn, the lens is broken with the entire right side gone. We decide to head out anyway but it's gnawing at me so I pull off 485 onto 74 west and pull in to Duc Charlotte. I walk up to the parts counter and ask if they have one in stock. I also mention if they have the corresponding BMW part that Bosch is Bosch and I'd like to save a few bucks over the Duc part premium. He returns with the Bmw part (35.00 with tax) offers me a full size (as opposed to the underseat tool i have) and out I go. I hit a snag in putting it back together - namely the clips wouldn't stay in as i placed the housing back together. A tech on break came over took a look and gave me a hand (apparently my struggles were spotted as a second tech showed up a sec later and offered to help as well). Was in and out in under 30 minutes and the day was saved (280+ miles through central NC and back).

Service was planned for today. Drop off and a walk around 9am. Bike was fully ready by noon (had them change oil, check and resync the A/F mixture, check and resync the throttle, raise the ride height 1/2" and give it a once over).

The bike had been running extremely rich which was causing my issues. Turns out the VA dealer (Coleman's Falls Church) had muffed the install on my DP termi kit. It literally runs like a new bike. Toothy smile the whole way home, despite the drizzle. They cleared up a few other minor issues as well. On top of all that, they had the opportunity to put on new brake pads (I OK'd it if they needed it) and instead of padding the service they said they were good. All of this and the price was 100.00 less than I was anticipating.

I've had the bike into 4 different dealers now and the experience here is at the top.

CWBY

Bob Rocks!!! he has been pretty good to me, and keeping me updated in the past on my bike when being fixed. Glad he pulled through for you!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I take my bike to SMC in Harrisburg, the guy's name is Andy Rounds. He does good work. In fact I'm dropping my bike off there next week to get a new tire and some other stuff done. He's a dealer for allot of places so he's pretty good on prices on parts. Here's his web site.http://www.smcspec.com/

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Bob Rocks!!! he has been pretty good to me, and keeping me updated in the past on my bike when being fixed. Glad he pulled through for you!!!
Yeah, gotta second that on Bob. He's a professional, no-nonsense kind of guy.

I looked for about a year for a bike and went into a lot of dealerships. BMW-Ducati of Charlotte was the only Ducati dealership I went to, but it is by far the best dealer I have been to. At other dealerships I was either ignored or given the hard sell. When I walked in to Ducati Charlotte, they had coffee and donuts, and let me walk through the shop and sit on any bike I wanted. They even took me back into the service bay and let me meet the techs. I have to say that I even liked the music they were playing back there, too. It's what I would be listening to working on my bike.

Chris was my sales guy. He had it easy because I already knew which bike I wanted. Nice guy. When he handed me the keys, he said, "Wecome to the family," and shook my hand. He also went through every point on my bike with me and recommended the MSF course to me.

But if you get a chance, go on a Saturday and meet Ted, their greeter and test ride guide. He is an animated character. He sure does love bikes. More than once, one of the sales guys would have to say, "Ted, inside voice ." When I came back to have them install my Termis (part of my deal) Ted asked me how I liked my 695. I didn't even have to answer - I just smiled big. He pointed at me and elbowed the guy next him and said, "See that sparkle in his eye? He's hooked!"

All in all, a pleasant experience. I know next time I'm in Charlotte I'll be stopping in just to say hi. Even if I'm not on my bike.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Terrapin said:
Yeah, gotta second that on Bob. He's a professional, no-nonsense kind of guy.

I looked for about a year for a bike and went into a lot of dealerships. BMW-Ducati of Charlotte was the only Ducati dealership I went to, but it is by far the best dealer I have been to. At other dealerships I was either ignored or given the hard sell. When I walked in to Ducati Charlotte, they had coffee and donuts, and let me walk through the shop and sit on any bike I wanted. They even took me back into the service bay and let me meet the techs. I have to say that I even liked the music they were playing back there, too. It's what I would be listening to working on my bike.

Chris was my sales guy. He had it easy because I already knew which bike I wanted. Nice guy. When he handed me the keys, he said, "Wecome to the family," and shook my hand. He also went through every point on my bike with me and recommended the MSF course to me.

But if you get a chance, go on a Saturday and meet Ted, their greeter and test ride guide. He is an animated character. He sure does love bikes. More than once, one of the sales guys would have to say, "Ted, inside voice ." When I came back to have them install my Termis (part of my deal) Ted asked me how I liked my 695. I didn't even have to answer - I just smiled big. He pointed at me and elbowed the guy next him and said, "See that sparkle in his eye? He's hooked!"

All in all, a pleasant experience. I know next time I'm in Charlotte I'll be stopping in just to say hi. Even if I'm not on my bike.
Spoke to Bob today... he had my bike ready to go, even cleaned it a second time... I got meet David, the guy who took care of my bike... Great bunch there... Need to get down to see them more often...

And they had like 5 1098's there... and 1 on the floor was an "s" that is still waiting on Mac... been waiting on Mac for 3 weeks at least now... :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Terrapin,
I had an identical experience. Chris was my sales guy..termi's (on my 695) part of the deal. Bob was great, so friendly...he remembered me from the phone (when I made my appointment). Chris has remembered my name every time I've been in there (as well as my brother's name; who bought a bike within the same week as me).
I've been quite satisfied with Charlotte over all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The guy I bought my bike from had all of his service done at Barnetts. I have been there a couple times to get parts and they have been pretty good as far as that goes. I do need to get my carbs synced so I don't know if I should buy the gauges myself and do it or take it there after reading so many mixed opinions. Has anyone done this? How hard can it be?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
DUCATI OF CHARLOTTE

I have to say Ducati of Charlotte rocks! [thumbsup] I e-mailed Chris about trading my bike a few months ago, and decided to wait a little while longer to finally buy my Ducati. I called the dealership late last week and spoke to Chris however I never gave him my name, I just told him what I wanted to trade in, and what bike I was looking for. Chris said let me see what I can do for you Luke...This blew my mind, after a few months he still remembered me!!!!!! On Monday I recieved a e-mail from Chris who had been working to find a buyer for my trade-in, I mention this because the dealership is closed on Mondays, Chris cared enough to work for me on his day off!I decided after that I would only deal with Ducati of Charlotte (i was looking at 2 other dealerships, but neither compared to the service and customer dedication Chris gave me.) Chris and myself e-mail back and forth a few times, and I decided on a S2R 1000, and Chris made the deal happen. It was also nice being welcomed back into the family, and given a tour of the dealership. When I returned home I had a e-mail from Chris, asking how I liked the bike, and inviting me to the dealership on the next day (Saturday) for hotdogs! It is rare today to find a dealership, and a salesman who genuinely care about their customers like this. I was treated awsome and I will never forget it! [thumbsup] If you are looking for a awesome dealership, and the best slaesman ever....its Ducati of Charlotte, and ask for Chris Duesing. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Ducati of Charlotte.

I ordered a rear carbon fiber lic bracket for my S4RS on 4/26/07. They said 10 days ,well 10 days later no part but my 14t came in which was great. I asked them was it backordered? he said uhhhh I think so, yes it is. I checked back two weeks later and the other guy said no its showing it has been shipped, so 10 days ... ok cool. I came back in and nothing, and they couldn't figure out how to read the parts order. Anyway the last visit was the 3rd or 4th of May and it was showing 10 days again??? Well they had my # so I figured they would call if it showed up, I went over there yesterday 6/15/07 more then 10 days to see whats up. They looked it up and again this kid was looking at this order parts list like a deer in the headlight, so I think the manager assisted him and said look you checked it in and showed him the sheet of paper. I watched them look around for my part for about 15 minutes and finally he says two showed up and one was in your name but someone had ordered 2 before you?? So I asked him when were the other two ordered?? The only thing he could tell me was it was ordered before mine, come on dude it shows when those others were ordered !!! Could not answer me, so I said bullshit it looks to me since you can't answer my question you sold my part to SOMEONE ELSE !!! just give me my $265+ tax back.
All these multi line dealerships that have Ducati are the same , they are freaking clueless about Ducati stuff. Sorry for the rant but I can't handle incompetence.

Don

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had great experiences with Ducati of Charlotte. I've done all the work on my Duc myself so far, but I got my belts/oil/filter, etc from them and the parts guy was very nice and helpful with any questions. I also got my 80's Text jacket from them, was on sale plus they threw in a free t-shirt. Plus everytime I've been in there, the parts guy always remembers me, even though I've only been in a handful of times and only bought a few items. So Ducati of Charlotte gets a [thumbsup] from me

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Touring Sport Greenville, SC:
Bought my first s4r there. Nice enough people, but they just don't speak Ducati. BMW yes, Ducati, No.

Myers of Ashville:
Bought my s4rs there. I like em better overall even though it's further to go.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been waiting to write a review until I felt more comfortable with my experience at my local dealer.

My first experience was with Touring Sport in Greenville, SC:
I'll agree with LA's post above. Nice enough guys but felt out of place in there buying a Duc. Nice BMW shop, and it seems like that's what they mostly do. Not sure if that has anything to do with the plant being just up the road.

Charlotte BMW-Ducati-Triumph-MV
Great group. I like just stopping by to talk to these guys. Kevin and Chris the sales guys ride and seem to know their stuff. They're great with names as previously mentioned and sure, they'll sell you a bike if you really want, but they will have also advised not to buy a bike as well. Which for me is a good sign that they are looking for the long term customers which are happy customers.
The parts guys in the back are pretty good too. I was in a pinch and had to get my 600mi service done, because i was going to be out of town for a few weekends and would have put probably too many miles on it before getting to the service. I stopped by at lunch during the week, and it worked out that they could squeeze me in. Usually a appointment is needed with their schedule the way it is. I appreciated the help for my short sighted- planning. I also had an issue with a bolt that secured my rear turn signal and being a new bike it shouldn't have just fallen off. They were able to fix me up and send me on my way in about 15 minutes.

I would highly recommend them for service and sales. They are one of the best dealers for bikes or cars that I have been to in terms of service and how friendly the staff is.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Gotta agree with you. I've already posted here anough good things about Charlotte -BMW - Ducati, but let me put it this way...

I don't talk about this often on here, but by mother passed away four days after I got my Monster. I had some paperwork to send in and it kinda got lost in the whole thing of her going back into the hospital and then the other things to take care of after she passed. As soon as I remembered the paperwork, I called Chis and told him why it was late and that I was sending it right away. A few days later, I got a call from Chris asking how I was holding up.

THAT impressed the hell out of me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Charlotte BMW/Ducati-
A big thumbs up!!
I had purchased my bike used, with 500 miles on it, so I took it to Charlotte for its 600 mile service. I wanted to verify the warranty info as the bike was just under a year old.
Everyone at the dealership was friendly and helpful. I had scheduled the service for last week and when it poured down rain (first time all summer!) they were very understanding when I cancelled. They spent much time explaining bike features to me and discussing concerns I had. Everyone at the business stopped by to talk to me while I waited, asking me how I liked the bike, and thanking me for bringing it in. I will not hesitate to return and will recommend to my dear husband (650 GS Dakar) that he patronize them also.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Myer's in Asheville, NC

Excellent info, helpful staff etc. Bought my '99 M750 from them on a consignment sale, always have the parts either available or can usually get them quickly. They seem to keep a lot of common stuff & engine parts around. I've never actually had anything serviced there because I do my own maintenance and stuff. I'm in there enough where they know me by name [laugh]

JM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the dealerships in Raleigh.

I went into Barnett's two and a half years ago and told them I was looking for a 748, 916, or 996 in yellow. All I wanted to do was leave a name and number for them to call if they came across one and they would have an instant sale. They told me, "we don't do that." Are you kidding me??? I've had a sour taste for them ever since.

Needless to say, I found out about Matison and went up there the next day. I wandered around in their old show room and was immediately approached by a Mr. Bo Denbo. I told him what I was looking for and he took my name and number. Two days later he called me and said they had a 98 748 Monoposto in yellow that wasn't even on the floor yet. I was up there the next day and put a deposit on the bike. It never touched the show room floor. I will recommend dealing with Bo Denbo on a bike purchase any day of the week. A great guy and I could never say enough good things about him.

Now the rest of Matison on the other hand, I won't deal with them. I lost a key to my bike a year or so ago and decided to replace all of my lock cylinders. I got the main ignition and the undertail lock, but forgot about the gas tank cap lock. I ordered the part from Matison and paid for it right then. They told me they would call me when it got in. I'm super busy, so naturally I assumed they would call me and I forgot about it. A month or two later, I remember and I head up there to find out whats up. They had received it and sent it back because I hadn't come to pick it up. I guess I was supposed to magically know it was there. I needed my receipt to get a refund and who knows where I put that. So basically I was out $50 and they didn't give a damn. Despite the fact that I had bought my bike there as well as a decent amount of parts and gear. So basically, I would buy a bike from Matison and I'll buy parts either online or from Barnetts, but never the other way around.

I must say that I have worked with William, the head tech at Barnetts and he seems like a great guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have bougth 2 monsters from Matison and they have always been great i bought my first one from Bo but when i went to get my S4RS i found out he went back to being a construction guy so i ended up buying it from the sales manager really. they gave me the bike for 14000 otd with out haggeling. the owner was wandering around it took them about 3 hours to prep the bike and get the paperwork done. so the owner gave my wife and i t shirts. the mechainc dropped a wrench on the tank when he was preping the bike and they are putting a DP tank protecter of my choice on there to cover it up at the 600 mile service. i thought that the mechanic was going to cry he was so upset. they also throw in a battery tender on every ducati they sell. they are bad about calling when parts are in but they normally get them in when they say they will. thay have always treated me good but i do miss Bo.
sorry about the spelling

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I'm in Raleigh so I pretty much stick with the local guys unless it's from here or ebay.

Matison is still like a museum "please don't touch the art...I don't care if you want to see if you like the way it feels before you buy it!" The parts guys are nice enough, but I do better searching for parts here on the DML.

Barnett's is great. They are very helpful and the techs are top notch. I'll always work with them for parts and service locally.

I've heard great things about Ducati of Charlotte and Myers in Asheville, but I don't have a truck to haul my duc so it's not that simple.

This is hearsay, but I did talk to a guy with a Multistrada that raved about Myers. He said they scheduled him in on a Saturday and because they knew he was coming in from out of town (Raleigh) they gave him a loaner bike while they worked on his.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've bought 2 bikes from Barnett's and one from Matison. Both have been pretty good experiences over all. I've had the service guys at Matison do little things but generally I'll use Barnett's for service. There are a couple of reasons for this. One, Barnett's has a service guy named William who's an absolute master. I've given that guy ill-running (and in one case, barely running) Ducs on a couple of occasions and they've always come back running better than ever. He's a nice guy and an awesome tech. Two, Matison's service department, while staffed with great guys, always seems disorganized. I got tired of calling them for service and being told "just bring it in, we'll fit it in somewhere and get it back to you in a few days."

Chris Lynds at Matison, one of the sales guys, has always been great to work with for me. I always go in and BS with him about the coolest new stuff and he lets me sit on bikes as I wish.

I've also had service done at Redline Motorsports in Yorktown, VA. They did great work. I had a shifter problem (broken return spring from a lowside) on my 749. They fixed that under warranty, even though it was crash damage and they knew it. Gotta love that. While they had the bike they tuned the fuel injection and degreed the cams, drilled and safety wired it to meet WERA minimums so I could use the bike for Cornerspeed school, and changed out the coolant for water and water wetter. The bike ran great when they were done but they had it a week and it was a little hard to get status info out of them. All in all a cool shop though.

I've visited Ducati of Charlotte and Meyers Motorsports, but never purchased anything from them or had any service done. They both seem like great shops though. I know a bunch of guys in Charlotte that rave about the Charlotte shop.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yeah, William at Barnett's has my bike right now...he has a great rep and it's well earned.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts