Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

Looks like this Friday Jan. 5th is the pick of the litter as far as weather goes for the next week or so... sunny and highs of 68-69 degrees, with no 30+ mph wind gusts! Anyone interested in a lunch thing? I'm not picky and don't mind traveling. I've mentioned this in different posts but thought I'd test the waters with it's own space and see if there are any takers. Hopefully everyone's back from the holidays... Leo? Drew? ya'll out there?

Brian

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm in... Just dropped off the PS for it's 800, I mean 600 mile check-up. Oh well, what's a coupla hundred miles...

Looking forward to lunch- thanks for organizing!

Scott

G

·
Dangit...you guys need to get a ride comin down to Waco one of these days. I know there's not much down here, but there are a couple of lonely Ducatistas down here (myself and one other guy I've seen riding a 620 Dark)....not to mention that I know the Euro Shop down here would be open arms to a group...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like we need to organize a rescue mission to Waco! Anyone know of any interesting roads/routes to the Waco area? I'm always up for visiting a new bike shop I've never been in. Flyboy, anything in your life ever bring you north of Mclennan county? We could meet in West for some kolaches at the Czech bakery, or you could always ride up for a meet and greet at the Alvarado AMS shop on a Saturday, pretty cool shop if you've never been there. Hope you're having a good '07 so far!

·
Registered
356 Posts
What abut a drive through the hill country and meeting up in Hillsboro? flyboy

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm open to all of the above :)

G

·
fastwin said:
Sounds like we need to organize a rescue mission to Waco! Anyone know of any interesting roads/routes to the Waco area? I'm always up for visiting a new bike shop I've never been in. Flyboy, anything in your life ever bring you north of Mclennan county? We could meet in West for some kolaches at the Czech bakery, or you could always ride up for a meet and greet at the Alvarado AMS shop on a Saturday, pretty cool shop if you've never been there. Hope you're having a good '07 so far!
That sounds like it would be a fun ride. Meet up in West for some kolaches and then head back down to Waco if you wanted to head into the Euro Shop in Waco. The ride to Alvarado might have to wait for another day...I don't think I could handle that long of a ride since I don't really have any pants to ride in (I'm waiting on my leather pants to come in right now). Meeting you guys in West is doable though. Although I dunno if you want a young buck like me hangin round all you golden oldies >:D I haven't been up to Dallas yet. I need to get more experience with highway traffic before I come up to a big city like that. Give me about 6 months, though, and I'll be happy to get up there on occasion for a good ride.

haywyre said:
What abut a drive through the hill country and meeting up in Hillsboro? flyboy
Hillsboro might be doable as well...that's about as far as I'm willing to go right now, since I'm still new to riding Spike (the name of my Monster).

I've been trying to find out who the other guy is that rides a Duc down here, but no luck. I haven't seen him. Anyway, let me know what you guys decide you wanna do. If you can't make it down yonderways this time, no worries. Soon, though, soon. There's too many squiddies around here with all these Baylor kids.

·
Registered
404 Posts
fastwin said:
Howdy!

Looks like this Friday Jan. 5th is the pick of the litter as far as weather goes for the next week or so... sunny and highs of 68-69 degrees, with no 30+ mph wind gusts! Anyone interested in a lunch thing? I'm not picky and don't mind traveling. I've mentioned this in different posts but thought I'd test the waters with it's own space and see if there are any takers. Hopefully everyone's back from the holidays... Leo? Drew? ya'll out there?

Brian
I'm in, if you don't mind me doing my y/e performance review by cellphone [laugh]; corporate America go to love it. BTW here is a note I got from my son today:

Hello Leo,

I can reserve a new Ducati 1098 for you by simply securing a $500 deposit. As it stands we have 1 Tricolore, 1 "S", and a few base models still available. Delivery will start in early February. I can be contacted at 404-273-3267 and we can discuss the details.

Best regards,

Alex Puls
Motorcycle Sales
Atlanta Triumph Ducati

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know me... I'd get one of each!! Nothing wrong with owning multiple bikes!! Leo, hope you can meet us for lunch Friday, anywhere in Addison you'd like to meet?

Scott, I know it's not you, so it must be me! Not getting much input here. People are probably thinking I'll bring another *&%#@* Jap scooter to a DML thing. OK, I promise if more folks show up for lunch, wherever we have it, I'll ride the S2R1000! It needs the miles anyway! Don't hate me 'cause I love all scooters! I don't discriminate, but my heart is Italian... even though I'm French!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
O.K. Where y'all meeting on Friday?

As far as West goes... Man, the Czech Bakery is one of my favorite stops on the way to visit my folks in Austin. And I'd be more than happy to cruise down south some time [thumbsup]

·
Registered
404 Posts
fastwin said:
You know me... I'd get one of each!! Nothing wrong with owning multiple bikes!! Leo, hope you can meet us for lunch Friday, anywhere in Addison you'd like to meet?
Anyplace is fine with me. I would prefer a later time... 12:30 or 1 but can be there by 12.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leo, later lunches don't scare me. I can do 12:30 or 1:00. Scott, do you mind a later time maybe in Addison somewhere for Leo's sake?
Lisa, obviously this is a work in progress. Hopefully we'll resolve the logistics by this afternoon. Would love for you to join us, weather will be fabulous!

·
Registered
682 Posts
fastwin said:
Leo, later lunches don't scare me. I can do 12:30 or 1:00. Scott, do you mind a later time maybe in Addison somewhere for Leo's sake?
Lisa, obviously this is a work in progress. Hopefully we'll resolve the logistics by this afternoon. Would love for you to join us, weather will be fabulous!
I need some fresh air. Count me in. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
P.S.- (post script, not Paul Smart)

Let's work on some kind of West or Hillsboro ride thang, so we can meet our brethren to the South ;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The neighbor Mike and I should be in as well. It really doesn't matter what time or where.

Swanny

1 - 20 of 59 Posts