Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you lowered the forks in the triple clamp on an S4? If so: 1) How much? 2) How did it effect handling? and 3) Can it be done with the C/Cats clip-on converter (DRA-1)?

G

·
i was considering doing this as well, but changed my mind because a few owners (speeddog i think it was?) posted a warning about front wheel clearance. risk of bottomming the wheel out against the radiator or the front cylinder.
you're better off raising the rear instead.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
With the front forks on an S4 in the position specified in the OEM service manual, the front fender pushes on the radiator at full bump.

Here's a link to the thread I did in January:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bi...=tech;action=display;num=1075585527;start=0#0

The front fender can be 'lowered' by swapping the plastic mounting clamps side for side ( Tom/Infoage's tip ), that may relieve the interference between the fender and the radiator with forks in stock position, I have not done that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Did anyone try to lower the fender yet?

My stock fender had a little run in with my disc lock (oops!) so while its not really bad, I am thinking about replacing the stock one with a "superbike" fender that I'll guess will run lower. I'll post it in the mods section if I do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts