Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the torque specs are for the bolts that provide clamping pressure for the triples, front forks? I've never "messed with" the forks on a bike. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised by how little torque it took to loosen the bolts as they are pretty small. I returned the bolts to the oem paint marks plus a fraction. When I think about how little holds us up from disaster in this respect it gives me pause for thought - what if? I also did a go/no go feeler gauge of the space at the pinching point and got a .022” go and .024” no go and it was returned to the same.

I have already raised the rear ride height about 1" and was curious what lowering the front by two marks (about 8mm/.300") would make.

Thanks in advance for any advice in this regard.

LA

·
Registered
128 Posts
It doesn't take much, you could call your shop and ask the service manager. My dealer gave me a copy of the shop manuals torque specs while I waited for my manual to be shipped. Don't think that I would trust your method of returning to previous marks, I'm thinking it may be close but it can't be right. Anyways lowering the front and raising the rear will put more weight on the front and change the geometry which will give you quicker turn-in and less stability. IE more fun. Hope that you checked your chain tension after raising the rear end. My 2 cents. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks eRacer. Yea the turn in got much, much better with the rear raised. I've put 5000 miles on it since then. It's easy to use all the rear and all but 1/8" of the front tire.

Thanks again,
LA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.