Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I layed my bike down about two months ago and have since noticed I am fairly more cautious while riding. I kinda expect this and understand the fact that I don't want to go down. I also lowered the front to accomidate clip-ons. I now feel as though the rear is slipping out on almost all turns. I haven't lowered the rear. could that be the problem??? I have the rear link just not installed. Could a not level setup cause this?

Thanks
Mike

·
Banned
897 Posts
Lowering one end without the other will definitely affect the handling. Adding clip-ons will change the weight bias again. Without knowing how much you changed it, or whether or not any other adjustments have been done makes it hard to say that's what you're feeling, but it's pretty likely.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
The amount you need to lower to install clips is a pretty drastic change in geometry. I would consider installing the clip-ons underneath the top triple. That way you can raise the front. If you lower the rear the same amount to restore the geometry your ground clearance will suffer.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I dropped the front of my bike exactly 1/4" to put my clip ons on and it nothing but help the way my bike handled. It could have been raised a little before I got it, but it don't look any different than any other monster I seen before. Maybe it's just me :-\

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
just a few MM can create a noticeable change in handling, and the same change can be very confidence inspiring to one person, and VERY disconcerting to another.

I second the advice to raise the front, and reinstall the clipons under the triple. If that puts the bars too low, then you bought the wrong bars for what you're trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd take a look at your suspension settings, as all of that work could be giving you a severe forward weight bias and may now make your rear shock adjusted too hard and be causing it to "kick out."

Changes to one variable at a time are usually best when adjusting stuff like this, but it looks like you might have a combination of issues with this one...

Ken

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
grubbywarrior said:
I dropped the front of my bike exactly 1/4" to put my clip ons on and it nothing but help the way my bike handled. It could have been raised a little before I got it, but it don't look any different than any other monster I seen before. Maybe it's just me :-\
Monsters come from the factory with about 10 mm of tube above the triple. Most clip-ons need an inch or more of tube to mount. I think yours were already higher than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.