Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
im ordering my 937 monster and struggling to decide on the seat option. ive always liked lower seats and more upright driving position but also am picky on seat comfort level.
Maybe someone can comment if lower seat option will have an impact on ass comfort? i mean the seat probably is thinner lo get it lower, therefore will it also be harder?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took a measurement.
im 180cm and my inseam is 75cm which translates to 5'11 height and 29.5inch inseam.
i hope i got the calculations right.
also the weight is 93kg which is 205lbs if google does not lie

·
Registered
42 Posts
The big difference is that the lower seats slope down at the front so you slide forward and smash your bits. At 180cm you should be able to easily use the stock seat and probably the tall seat. Anyone over 6 feet probably should get the tall seat for leg room and to keep the knee bend comfortable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am fairly certain that "lower" seat is a stock seat with less cushion
I have considered it as I am also 5' 7" but have gotten more comfortable with stock height
if i were to make a change I would take my stock seat cover off, replace foam with gel, and perhaps then install a custom seat cover for improved looks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode the first 1700 miles over my first 6 weeks with the lowered seat, I was fine with it until my first 300mile ride last weekend. That long on the bike I began to feel only the frame of the seat on the outside no matter where on it I positioned myself. Put the stock seat on and rode Sunday and the extra padding is appreciated. I have a 28" inseam, 5' 7". This is the first I tried the stock seat and honestly I find zero difference in reaching the ground with my feet when on the bike, I think this is due to the seat feeling narrower with the higher foam. Lower seat was mentally good for me starting out on this bike but it's not for any ride over an hour IMHO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am going to remove seat cover, measure and cut away excess foam
depending on how much I remove (and how much remains) I may carve out more at the primary contact point and install gel that I ordered from Amazon
then pull cover cover tight and re-secure

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't modify the stock seat, honestly I've considered getting the tall seat if I were to do a long ride without stop and go traffic. Both the added comfort in cushion as well as my knee not nearly as bent. If you've grown accustomed to the stock seat height leave it be. I may sell my lowered seat, still looks brand new after just 6 weeks.

Or maybe this: comfort seat cover

1 - 16 of 16 Posts