Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, for those who don't follow the Vortex thread, long story short is that I raised the forks so about 45mm shows above the top triple to allow installation of Vortex clip ons, and now the bike sits so vertically on the sidestand that it's extremely prone to tip-overs.

S

·
0 Posts
i'd cut a section out and reweld before bending. if you bend it outward for the leanangle you want, it'll also be sticking out further when retracted. since you dropped the yokes on the forks, with the stand sticking even further out, it'll touch down pretty early when cornering.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually thinking of bending it forward rather than outward to try to avoid the ground clearance issue.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'd be more leery of bending the sidestand than cutting and welding it, as long as you had the amount that you needed cut out, any reputable welding shop could cut and weld it in about 15 minutes, and it should be as strong as new, and you could always keep the piece that you cut out, and if you wanted to get it back to the original length, you could cut and replace the piece again, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved! I took this to my jack-of-all-trades mechanic here in SF because I don't have a rear stand and wasn't about to admit defeat to Desmoto. He noticed that there is a stop on the kickstand assembly which the stand bottoms against when down. He just ground a little off of it. Voila, side stand sits further forward and bike is stable again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts